[APP] Official Tuya App for Homey

Hi all,

I’ve recently just bought a Homey Pro (moving from Habitat). I have a bunch of Zigbee Tuya devices which until now have worked under a general Tuya Zigbee hub.

I know there’s now an official Tuya app, which I’ve managed to connect to on my Homey Pro, and I can add my Tuya devices with no issues, but… :

• there are no controls to them whatsoever - it says “This device works fine but you can not control it.”
  • my Tuya scenes do not come up at all
  • and whenever I try to create a flow within Homey with a trigger based off a Tuya device, the only options I get are code for Boolean, JSON, number value or string value, and when I click on any of those there are no values/codes to pick from.

The above applies to every single device I have from Tuya.

I don’t have issues with app connectivity, I’ve restarted it, reinstalled it etc. and if I can add the devices from Tuya onto Homey then surely I have connected it correctly, but there is just no way to control them, or get any input from them at all

Could someone shed some light if I’m missing something?

Thank you!

It’s not in the “live” version yet

Good morning,

since my fan can’t be found on the list, how could I get the JSON code so I can add a device request in Github?

Thank you!

You can find it in the advanced settings of the fan, if you use a browser.

It’s all explained in the template of the device request, just open it
https://github.com/athombv/com.tuya/issues/new?assignees=&labels=device+request&projects=&template=device-request.yml&title=%5BDevice+request%5D%3A+

When I try to install my sockets I get the following error message. Do more people have this error message? For example, when I add a lamp, the lamps all appear

This error message also occurs in the test version

I managed to get the Tuya Wifi light sensor connected in the Homey Pro.
Now I want to use this light sensor to switch on and off our exterior lights.
So the Homey recognise the device but I get no options in Flows

Can anyone help me how I should add the Lux number in order to activate the lights?

“Bright_value” is the lux value.

Something like this:
When…
-status Bright_value gets a new number value
And…
-logic card "[number tag of “Dag nacht sensor”] is less than 50
Then…
-turn on exterior lights

(50 is just an example lux value)

1 Like

I think you can use the map below. (Get a new string value)
Take a look at the options you have for code.
Then you should actually get a variable number for Lux, which you can then continue to use

You are welcome. Glad it helped you out, at least for the first part. I did not had any authentication issues after that. Now I can just add a new device as long as I first add them to my Tuya Smart app.

Hi @Peter_Kawa I took a look to the template before asking :slightly_smiling_face:, but one of the steps is " * Add your device if you didn’t already" and that’s my problem. I’m no able to add the device so I can’t find the JSON.
I thought this was a templeate to request the inclusion of a new device. Am I wrong?

Thank you!

Dear Peter,

Thanks a lot for your support. The system is up and running!

Kind regards,
Janko

1 Like

Hi German,
When you cannot add your device as “other” device,

it is most probably not yet added to your smartphone app you use, TuyaSmart or Smartlife.

Hi Peter,

but they are both added to my SmartLife app. :thinking: That’s why I don’t understand why can’t I add them to Homey… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Thanks for your help!

YW!

I see. I don’t know what’s wrong there.
What if you test this:
delete one of them and add it again? Maybe Homey finds it this time.
Just a brainfart…
Or restarting the Tuya app @ Homey, or Homey itself might help.

Thank you Peter!
once I deleted the fans and added them again in Smartlife it solved the problem!
I have sent the request to add a new device.

Thank you for your help! Have a fantastic day

1 Like

Hello everyone ,i have a problem with the connexion process,it open the web page of tuya,i enter my mail and password,and say"you can now close this window",but in homey it stay at the page “connect to the website” and nothing happen…

@Doekse, should we update the title and category of this topic or even create a new app specific topic?
The discussion has become more of app support than the original topic.

2 Likes

Good point, thanks for the suggestion! I think we could change te title of this topic. I can also adjust the first post :+1:

Will do that today :raised_hands:

6 Likes

any plans for the Zigbee version?