[APP] Official Tuya App for Homey

Is anyone able to explain how the new Tuya Other “When” cards actually work please?

No values, except for the ‘string value’ When card give me any values to work with.

Are there any knowledge based articles about this that I could check?

After logging in I get a code 1106, does anyone have any ideas what it could be and how to solve it?

Perhaps the test update might solve your problem:

I am considering buying Tuya products, but after a search in this forum I became skeptical. Is it just problems or does the official Tuya app work in Homey pro?
And does it also work for products that are supposed to be Tuya-compatible?
Does the Tuya app also works for Deltaco-products? I read somewhere that Deltaco could be registered via Tuya.
I looked up the Homey Tuya app and there it says that the products must first be registered in the mobile Tuya app? Do I really have to have a separate app for Tuya on my mobile, in addition to the Homey app? If so, these products may not seem like a very good idea.
I’m new to Homey so trying to figure it all out…:sweat_smile:

Greetings,

I got so excited when Homey announced the Tuya App, as there are still some devices that I could not fully use with ZHA.

Unfortunately I never succeeded to finalize the connection with Smart life nor Tuya.
I have religiously followed the steps, rebooted my Homey Pro but I can never go past the logo on credentials at the end. once I enter my password and validate I get the Homey logo with the message You can now close this window. Then I toggle to my Homey App (android) and get a page with a spinning wheel and the message please log on the website of the manufacturer… and that’s it. Any insights would be great. I rebooted phone, homey, uninstalled and reinstalled the app removed all Tuya apps that I had previously installed like Zigbee tuya and Tuya Cloud…

1 Like

Do you read any posts here, or ?
Install the Tuya app test version and try again:

_

Unnecessary because unrelated.

For Tuya Wifi stuff, internet access + use of Tuya cloud servers is mandatory.
(there are tricks to use it locally, but takes some skills and patience)

The Tuya Smart phone app connects your local Tuya wifi devices to “the cloud”

The Tuya wifi apps by Athom, Jurgen or Home Assistant connect to those Tuya cloud servers for you to add your Tuya (whitelabel) devices to Homey for instance.

Don’t like it? Buy Shelly (true local wifi), or zigbee/zwave/433MHz/Ble/IR devices and don’t use Tuya (whitelabel) stuff.

_

People tend to post mainly problems, not things like “Hello, all’s running fine, bye”.
See things in perspective here.

_

There’s no Deltaco app in Ggl app store, so probably not.
Just try to add it to the Tuya Smart app to find out

_

Source please.

_

1 Like

Thanks Peter for your answer, and yes I am using the latest 1.2.1 version and I tried incognito mode and different browsers

The second photo is the official Tuya app. The power consumption is 7 Watts. The Homey app indicates 7 kW. Now I can’t do much with calculating the power consumption. Unfortunately, it has not been resolved in the latest update (today) of the Tuya app for Homey. I hope it gets resolved.

You should be able to adjust the multiplier within the advanced settings of the device.

Unfortunately I don’t see that that option in the advanced settings of the device.

What plug are you using? And besides that, did you already create a ticket on GitHub?

Hi @Doekse, I recently bought this fan which is compatible with Tuya;

https://webshop.telegraaf.nl/product/flinq-smart-draadloze-ventilator

I can use it now with Homey, but only the speed values are not working properly.

The fan has 12 speeds, but in Homey I only can configure it from 0 to 600%. 100% is speed 1, 200% speed 2, up to 600% which is speed 6. Is there something I can do about this?

Creating an issue on the GitHub page would be the way to go :wink:

1 Like

@Olivier_Deslandes, I had the same issue and it frustrated me big time. After reading this page I closed every session related to Homey (all browsers on all devices, so desktop, laptop, mobile, everywhere). Then I restarted the Tuya app on Homey and tried it again.

That combined was the trick for me, now it works and I could add my (Calex) smart devices.

I’m trying this now; but under “Device Specification” I’m getting: “< not available >”. Any idea?

1 Like

Big thanks to you, as it resolved part of my access to Yuya @Futero . I really appreciate the insights.
So I close all instances of Homey on all devices, restarted the Tuya app and it brought me in.
But it didn’t recognize any devices, I guess I will redetect them on Smart Life again.
The other off thing is that it does not create a prermanent access to Tuya like my Home Assistant does, when I go to Smart Life Account and security, it did not add a permission to Homey, there is only my ZHA.
Also any attempt to add a device with Tuya will make me go throught the multiple screens login , but I guess it is a feature.
Big thank you again.

No, it should be a one time procedure. Until you change credentials for the Tuya/Smartlife phone apps that is.

Install the test version of the Tuya app to see if this solves your issue:
https://homey.app/a/com.tuya/test/

See changelog:

_

It should, but it’s hidden under “Cloud development project” (same location where Tuya Cloud app iot project resides):

When you’ve installed the test version, and the login screens appear only once when adding devices, you’d see Homey linked as well.

Thanks Peter, with the latest version it is working, provided I log out, close the app restart, restart Tuya. I could my smoke detectors, but alas, only ZHA appears as a linked project, cannot get Homey to show up, and I have to relog every time I need to add a new device.

YW.

It’s not how it’s supposed to work.
I"d file a bug here: