[APP] Official Tuya App for Homey

But you can delete each revision, can’t you?

Thank you very much for letting me know about this!

It would be nice if Athom communicated these things to users.

The impression I got from 4 “Homey years” is:
I guess Athom assumes you do your own part of educating yourself, and dig up the “how to Github” manual.
Forgetting / ignoring the fact most Homey owners aren’t (very) experienced coders / Github / Forum users.

Yeah I have seen this option. But it’s very complicated and not user friendly. You have to agree that using scenes should be a lot easier to use.

1 Like

I agree it’s complicated at first. It"s just a quick shortcut to be able to control (still) unsupported devices for the impatient.
Just keep using the Tuya Cloud community app I’d suggest, until the Athom app really sets off by supporting all tons of different Tuya devices out there :wink:
(Both apps can run side-by-side)

I tried using the Cloud app, but it had to be restarted every single day and flows would work intermittently.

The waiting game continues.

I must be the only person here who uses Tuya switches, more than I do Tuya FANS :rofl:

Odd, I ran the TC app w/o problems for several years. But it ran on a Pro 19.
You own a Pro 23?

Yeah, the 2023!

Does not work…

I’ve added a smart plug (Nedis variety without power reporting), which was apparently successful except Homey says that it’s working but cannot be controlled. I thought support for smart plugs was in place, are they so different that the individual variations need support, or does this sound more like a bug? Should I file a device support request, or a bug report for this?

@kvolden Please first take a look at changes already made, but not published yet.
https://github.com/athombv/com.tuya/issues

When the (upcoming) update was pushed, or you installed it manually:
You’ll have to remove and add the device again to “enable” the fixes.

Welcome to Tuya:
That’s exactly the problem with Tuya devices.
Lots of similar devices have different firmwares: added support by Athom is often for a part of matching devices because of that.

Tuya devices have model ID’s, which aren’t always the same.
The (Athom) developers also found a device which didn’t use the commonly used “switch_1” code, but “switch”…
Probably your plug uses “switch”.

1 Like

Looks it’s on its way (but I can be wrong here) with one of next app updates:

2 Likes

There’s a new version available in test that adds a lot of new cool stuff! If you want to check it out early you can do so over here :wink:

3 Likes

Version 1.2.0 just got installed on my Homey Pro 2023 and can confirm it includes ‘Sockets’ and ‘Scenes’ support.

I successfully installed devices belonging to the three device types I requested but, in each case, the devices got added with a red triangle and any attempt to do anything with them showed the message “invalid value relay_status”.

However, when I turned them on and off again using the SmartLife app, they all started working correctly. I’m guessing that’s some kind of initialisation problem. I’ve reported it on GitHub.

Andy

Nice! Confirmed: the Battletron lights now have dimming functionality

@Doekse Hi Abe, Trying out the Tuya platform for the first time, using my Smart wakeup light. I am getting stuck in the authorization I think. I go through the motions with the popups, add my username, next, provide +31 region etc, provide password (tried with the scan option also), confirm the authorization to my information step, next the wizard closes and I get an "permission deny (code 1106) " in the screen of the add new device step, in new attempts I got a Oauth2 client already exists error in Homey (I think restarting the app removed that one so I could try again using password, did the scan option the first attempt).
Used the Other class to add the wakeup light.

I checked that I unlinked my devices from my own platform.tuya.eu to make sure they are not locked in that way.
I will receive several sockets that should support the Tuya platform soon, but I was really hoping to add this wakeup light finally to Homey :slight_smile: its the last smart home device I never got to work with it :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you, thank you, thank you for adding wired switches to the app

I can finally automate my bathroom light switch with Homey!

If we can just get those wireless switches added next :innocent:, then we’re really talking! :raised_hands: :pray: :heart:

1 Like

Yes I have this issue with a Sonoff ZBMINI2 wifi relay which I use for my porch light.

I’ll send in a device request and see if this can be improved, but not a biggie right now.

Thanks for your continued work on the Tuya app. V.1.2.0 seems to have regressed for Fans. Readded a fan using this new version and get “specifications is not defined” message. Reinstalled v1.1.1 and could add / all ok.

Hello all,

first of all thank you for the Official app and all the info everyone is sharing.

I have a couple fans that are on Tuya and SmartLife app (just in case).

I have succesfully logged in, however there is no way I can find my fans.
Ive tried with both apps, change the password and also used the “other” option but always get the “No new devices have been found”

Is there any ideas? or how could I get the JSON code so I can add a device request in Github?

Thank you all.