[APP] Fibaro - Your home is your castle (by Athom)

You can also check this: Check in Developer Tools → Z-Wave if there are devices called “Unknown” in the Device column. Try to delete these devices (3 dots → Remove), restart Homey, wait approx. 15-30 minutes and try to include the RS3 again.

I tried this with removing the unknown devices, i also deleted all unknown nodes, restarted homey etc. The device still failed to connect. I removed another RS3 and deleted it from Homey, but this one i can connect very fast and very easy. Maybe the Z-Wave chip is broken without the blue light? I dont know.

I had a lot of problems with Homey this few weeks (after buying the HP2023). Broken USB-cable, broken power plug, broken LAN adapter, so its very dissapointing. Mabye there is something wrong in Homey also.

Of course, the Z-Wave chip could also be broken.

I can fully understand that. Are you in contact with Athom support?

Yes, the support is very good and helpfull.

1 Like

Did you receive any answer from Athom support yet ?

I had to give them some more info so l did that and now let’s wait and find out.

Hello,
I’d like to start to control angle o lamellas for blinds. I have read in history, that Homey has fixed issue with RS3 and it’s possible to control venetian mode via standard driver.

a) dose anyone tested that with RS4? Does it support venetian blinds with Homey?
b) is it true that it works with RS3? (I’m little bit confused as I have seen some users complaining it’s not working)

Yes, it works.

Hi…
I think that after the last update all Fibaro sockets (FGWOE, FGWOF, FGWPE) changed their “class” from “socket” to “socket (Virtual: default)”.
This resulted in my flows in which the “disable all sockets” function is used, not working.
This only applies to Fibaro. I also have Philips Hue sockets and everything is fine with them.

Contact the app developer.

Thanks for your advice… But before I worry the software developer, I’ll try the forum first. Maybe someone has already encountered this problem and solved it in a simple way that I don’t see. Isn’t the forum for that?

The device class of all my Fibaro relay devices (Plugs, Sockets, Roller Shutter, Double Switch 2) has been changed if something other than “Other” is selected in the “Connected” menu in the device settings.
For example:
Wall Plug: Plugged in/connected “Coffee machine” → socket (Virtual: coffeemachine)
Wall Plug: Plugged in/connected “Lamp” → socket socket (Virtual: light)
Walli Roller Shutter: Plugged in/connected “Sunshade” → windowcoverings (Virtual: sunshade)
Walli Roller Shutter: Plugged in/connected “Shutter/Roller blind” → windowcoverings (Virtual: blinds)

If no other device has been selected under “Connected”, the device class is still the old one.
For example:
Wall Plug: Plugged in/connected “Other” → socket

My guess is that by changing the device class and adding the “connected” device as virtual device, the devices can be controlled more specifically.
As I didn’t use the “Switch all xxx off/on” function before, I don’t know when this change was made. There is also no clear information in the changelog.

Thank you for this answer. In fact, I have the “Other” class selected for all my sockets.
Is it possible to delete this record?
Unfortunately, when I click the “Settings” icon, this error appears and I can’t do anything about it.

I guess not. “Other” is set by default and the other devices like coffee machine, lamp etc. can be selected.

As with almost all problems:
– Restart the Homey app
– Restart the Homey Fibaro app
– Restart Homey
– Perform a PTP
– etc.

ok.
Thank you for these explanations. Well, I’ll keep working, maybe I’ll find a solution.
Of course, if anyone reading has a similar problem and has a solution, please… join the discussion.

Have a nice day.

As @robertklep already suggested, contact Athom.

I have a Fibaro Roller Shutter 4, as my Roller Shutter 3 died today.

Disappointed that there still isn’t general support for start/stop movement so I can have a remove button with up/down arrows on it that starts and stops movement when I hold and subsequently release it. All I get with the Fibaro app is to set a position to a given percentage, which doesn’t work well for this.

I made a small flow to keep calculating a target position as the button is held down, but this has a tendency to either produce jerky motion or to overshoot, depending on the multiplier in my flow.

I could probably use a Smart Implant and some relays to simulate physical buttons, which would do this, but I’m much rather do it in software.

Does anyone know how to start and stop this thing?

In the manual here I see a reference to being able to stop the movement with an association group…? WINDOW_COVERING_STOP_LVL_CHANGE [0x6A 0x07] but I have no idea how to use this information.

Manual: https://products.z-wavealliance.org/ProductManual/File?folder=&filename=cert_portal/certs/948/FGR-224-T-EN-v1.22.pdf

Anyone?

May I ask, is it this problem ?

As this app is developed by Athom, I suggest to contact them, maybe they will surprise with their answer or provide some insights, unless someone else will do.

1 Like

That could be what it looked like, yes. The blue light was on a lot.

I tried disconnecting and reconnecting it, and deleting it and re-including it.
It did not respond to anything, although the lights flickered green the first time i triple-clicked the button. After that - no reaction, just blue.

With the light in my eyes at my home office, I just went on a 10 minute drive and bought the new one.

1 Like

Generally there is support for a up, down and stop function. But the problem is, that it’s not allowed to use both versions, up/down/stop (windowcoverings_state) and percentage (windowcoverings_set) according to the SDK:

(Source)

So the App developer has to choose which function he want to use for his App. In case of the Fibaro App, Athom selected the percentage function.