[APP] Fibaro - Your home is your castle (by Athom)

Hi

I’m trying to add a Fibaro HK (not the standard Z-Wave) leak sensor to HomeyPro. The app has the option of adding two Fibaro Leak Sensors: one unmarked and one marked as the Z-Wave model. I tried the unmarked with no luck and I’m wondering if there should be a HK model coming soon to the Fibaro app in HomeyPro or if I should focus on solving connectivity issues locally?

Hi Ceasar,

welcome to the Homey Community Forum.

HK means “Works with Apple HomeKit”, but I guess you know what it means.
Homey Pro doesn’t support Apple HomeKit devices and I guess it will never do.

There are workarounds, such as connecting HK devices via Home Assistant and importing the devices/their properties via a Homey Home Assistant App. But that may not be what you want.
In the future, you should better check the Homey App Store and here in the forum to see which devices are currently supported by Homey Pro before you buy a device.

1 Like

I’m also a bit confused, I’ll take this opportunity to ask if it also works with RS2…I read the whole thread but I didn’t understand if I should use raw commands or if it can be managed with the slide like the photo you posted, thanks

Perhaps there’s a way to do it then, by sending custom commands?

I don’t know if that is possible.

@Caseda, do you know if it’s possible to use windowcoverings_set via Z-Wave raw command when windowcoverings_state is implemented in the App?

Btw, for the new Fibaro Roller Shutter 4 it seems that both functions are available.

How is that possible? A mistake? :thinking:

@DirkG @Caseda I have the roller shutter 4, but I only see “Set the position” and “Set tilt position”. No “state”.
I’m fine with using custom commands, if that’s an option, but I can’t figure out how from the RS4 manual :frowning:

If the device is included unsecure then it is possible with raw commands, if it is included secure then it’s not possible. (You can see the current security state in the devices settings) and you’ll have to reinclude it unsecure.
Only possible with Homey Pro though (any version), not Homey (cloud) with bridge.

If it is unsecure then let me look for the correct values when I have some time Friday or Saturday.

1 Like

I haven’t tried including it as insecure, but I’m happy to do so if possible, as the blinds are absolutely not security feature.

I do use a Homey Pro, yes.

1 Like

Haven’t seen an example of this command class being used anywhere for ternary functions, so it is a bit of a guess work (older Fibaro roller shutters used a different command class, not supported by the roller shutter 4).
But these commands should work, I have not tested them as I don’t have any roller shutters 4, but in theorie these should work:

Uncalibrated:

• Down:
    NODE_ID, 0x6A, 0x06, 0x00, 0x0C, 0x00
  • Up:
    NODE_ID, 0x6A, 0x06, 0x40, 0x0C, 0x00
  • Idle/Stop:
    NODE_ID, 0x6A, 0x07, 0x0C
  • Tilt Down (Venetian Blinds):
    NODE_ID, 0x6A, 0x06, 0x00, 0x16, 0x00
  • Tilt Up (Venetian Blinds):
    NODE_ID, 0x6A, 0x06, 0x40, 0x16, 0x00
  • Tilt stop (Venetian Blinds):
    NODE_ID, 0x6A, 0x07, 0x16

Calibrated:

• Down:
    NODE_ID, 0x6A, 0x06, 0x00, 0x0D, 0x00
  • Up:
    NODE_ID, 0x6A, 0x06, 0x40, 0x0D, 0x00
  • Idle/Stop:
    NODE_ID, 0x6A, 0x07, 0x0D
  • Tilt Down (Venetian Blinds):
    NODE_ID, 0x6A, 0x06, 0x00, 0x17, 0x00
  • Tilt Up (Venetian Blinds):
    NODE_ID, 0x6A, 0x06, 0x40, 0x17, 0x00
  • Tilt stop (Venetian Blinds):
    NODE_ID, 0x6A, 0x07, 0x17

It is possible that the direction might be inverted, so using down, it will go up.

Looking at the app code currently implemented for the roller shutter 4, then it will have ternary only if the roller shutter isn’t calibrated (as percentage control isn’t possible then).
but they remove it and add the percentage control as soon as it is calibrated :person_shrugging:.
Someone must have had some extra time left implementing all that.

2 Likes

Btw, if someone would be looking for FGR-224 Roller shutter (as I got another FGR-223 dead - Pulse blue…),
this is how it looks like on Homey.

FGR224

devdetails2

Also it does NOT report actual power, just energy consumed, which is a bummer - eg. was using Power to monitor that the motors are alright, not got stuck the blinds etc. Not really innovative from Fibaro ;-( Now I can watch for trigger without knowing threshold but virtual devices I used so far can’t be used. Obviously they somehow monitor power and current but for some reason do not share it out.

Also seems they actively works on firmware, so as you know, you can’t update via Homey nor any other brand, you might not get the fixes / new functionalities.