[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

This is the thread that belongs to the app for Zigbee devices. The FP2 isn’t a Zigbee device.

Look at the top right of your screen:

Thanks for the info. How do I request a new device to be supported? Or should I just wait until it happens by popular demand?

The app developer will probably know of the existence of the device and will try to add support for it ASAP.

Thanks ! I will do but don’t know why I arrived on aqara thread when clicking in link of home kit… maybe I did something wrong !

Christopher Charpentier

Thanks Robert

Christopher Charpentier

appreciate the update Ted, I would love an update for these things and have several sensors, like the door and windows sensor P1 and lights i want to add as soon as it is ready from app side :slight_smile: Keep up the good work

Hello, I found and applied an article to not use xiaomi mijia Bluetooth temperature and humidity sensor as zigbee. This device works with z2m without any problem. In order to use this device as zigbee in homey pro 2023, its driver needs to be defined homey pro 2023. Can someone knowledgeable help with this? I am attaching the necessary article link.

1 Like

Not right thread to ask, try it here - Xiaomi Miija (Temperature and Humidity)

Btw I didn’t expect anything like that it’s possible! Converting BLE to Zigbee,sounds crazy :rofl:

I asked the developer about it but homey said he has no knowledge about zigbee.

I implemented support for the Zigbee firmware in the Xiaomi Miija app, you’ll have to wait for the app developer to merge it and publish a new version of the app, or you can run my fork of the app until they do (if you know how to run apps from the command line).

3 Likes

Thank you very much for your efforts.

Wow,gracia :star_struck:

@Sharkys thank you so much for clarifying that. Do you have any idea if and when support will be implemented?

Soon after Athom will implement his stuff, it can be between 1 month and several years - or to speed it up, read through those articles and ask Athom via support, if they are able to provide any timeline.

1 Like

The developer released the beta for the Zigbee version to work and it works very well. Install the beta version of xiaomi mijia app to use it.

OK, I have asked Athom how long we will have to wait. Here is the answer :

Thank you for reaching out to our support.

Unfortunately the issue is not caused by Athom, otherwise we would be able to fix the issue rapidly.

This issue is caused by Aqara, they’re basically blocking all non-Aqara Zigbee controllers at the moment with their new firmware. We’ve been reaching out to Aqara for a long time and we finally received some answers. They acknowledge the fact that their new firmware on their devices is causing issues (not just for Athom, but all other Zigbee controllers as well).

We will now try to figure out if we can develop a work-around for this issue, if this is even possible. Please keep a keen eye on the Homey Pro Changelog to see if a fix is deployed in the firmware updates:

1 Like

Technically they are correct (it’s something that Aqara has started doing), but other Zigbee implementation have implemented a workaround for this ages ago and Athom has just been dragging their feet instead of listening to app developers on how to implement this workaround for Homey.

This app developer is working at Athom or at Xiaomi?

Do you mean developer of Xiaomi Miija Aplicación para Homey | Homey ? Nope, he is not.

@robertklep, the Zigbee part implemented by you and available in the app already works great ! :+1:

1 Like