Aqara Door and Window sensor

Not able to add window and door sensor (Aqara) I do not have too many end devices.

What to do ?

I bought
3 temperature sensors
2 motion sensors
10 window/door sensor

I have no problem with temperature and the motions sensors. But un-able to add window/door sensor. It says Homey can’t find Homey app for this device - added as Generic Zigbee device

Did you try with the proper app Aqara & Xiaomi ZigBee App per Homey | Homey ?
I have lots of Aqara sensors, all of them managed through that app.

So you can add them, it’s just that they aren’t recognized. There are newer versions of the door/window sensors that have a different internal ID, which means the current Aqara & Xiaomi app doesn’t recognize them (yet).

Yes i tried the app, as i have no problem with the motion sensor and temperature sensor.

I bought them all from Aliexpress.

When i try to pair them in Homey it shows that it finds it but I get the message - see attached screenshot in Danish

Is it [TedTolboom] who can fix this ?

kind regards

Tamer

Can you check the modelID of your sensor with the supported ones, mentioned in this post?

(1st post on this page)
Aqara released new products recently that are not supported yet.

I will check the ModelID but where do i do that ?

Where can i see the ID ? I cant even add it to Homey.

Did you read my post? There’s a link in it… :slight_smile: ModelID can be found on the box of the devices or evt on the Ali page where you bought it.

Check this picture ?

Hello Henk_Renting,

I also encounter the same problem. I cannot pair my sensor.
I do not have the right product number:
Product Code (EAN) 6970504212497, 192784000083

Is there any chance to add support to them shortly ?
Thanks a lot

Same problem with the Aqara Vibration Sensor with the following product number:
6970504212527, 19278400013

Same question, any chance to support it shortly.
Thanks

These E1 sensors are not (yet?) supported.
Follow the “official” app tread here in the Community, as linked in my post above.

How can we make Ted Toolboom support them?

Easiest way to contact him ?

You can be sure he knows about the existence of the device. You’re also not the first asking for support, but there are underlying reasons why it isn’t supported yet. No need to contact him, just wait.

1 Like

Would be great though to get a comment from him. Maybe a status and expected date ?

Just read the relevant thread.

Which one would that be

This forum has a search function, when i type aqara, the first found is: Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - Zigbee App (v1.4.1)

I already gave you the link to the relevant thread here above…?

I know that link. But there hasnt been an update sinde Aug 18.

I just want to know, when to expect these sensors to work ?

Should i buy new ones or what to do. I can’t wait 6 month so secure my home.

This is what i hate about Homey. Nothing is compatible, and nothing from developers.

How hard can it be to just add support for these sensors.

I don’t believe you have read that topic very well. There were are posts in there about your question.
Also, you have not responded there.
You have to put some effort in yourself if you want your question answered.

And please bear in mind that the Aqara app is maintained by a developer who does this in his spare time; unpaid. But you can always support him by PayPal if you want your devices added to the app! :slight_smile:
This particular developer is very active, but of you don’t want to ask your question in (or even read) the right app thread. Not very fair to state that nothing comes from the developers!
I wonder if you should rethink your choice for Homey…

1 Like