Homey Bridge doesn't recognize Aqara door sensors

I have installed the Aqara app on my Homey Bridge. But everytime I try to connect the door sensor in Homey it says it can’t recognize the Zigbee device. It then adds an unknown Zigbee device, but it has no open/closed feature. It looks like Homey thinks it’s a smart plug/light.

What am I doing wrong? :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance.

It means your device isn’t supported by the app.

Thank you for a very quick reply. I have two follow up questions then :slight_smile: Which door sensors would be compatible with the Homey Bridge? And also, do you know if the Homey Pro would support my current door censors?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

First of all, welcome to the Homey Community!

To make sure you are aware of the forum rules, please read the Welcome to the forum! post here.

In future please use search and ask in the appropriate topic as linked in the App store or use the search to centralize questions about a specific App of device/brand.

[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

1 Like

There are various different models of Aqara contact sensor, some are supported by Homey Bridge, some are only supported by Homey Pro (and possibly also by Homey Bridge in the future).

I don’t specifically know others that are supported by Homey Bridge (although I’m sure they exist).

You are great. Thank you very much :slight_smile:
And sorry for asking basic questions. I tried Google but didn’t try to search this forum. So thank you again :slight_smile:

Just wanted to update and say I finally got my Aqara T1 sensors to work :slight_smile: I did it by updating to the beta version of the Aqara app in Homey.

Before anyone else tries. Make sure your exact Aqara model is supported in the beta version. And also of course do it at your own risk since it is a beta version and should be viewed as such.

Because the problem has been solved and the question should have been asked in the topic for the Aqara app, this topic will be closed.