Homey bridge and Smartthings

Just bought an Homey bridge, thinking and believing the publicity,that it would replace and improve my smartthings ecosystem (through an Aeotec smart home hub). But the truth is, it doesn’t recognize most of the devices Aeotec does. I’m aware of the differences in protocols between both, but I thought it would recognize all the WiFi devices, and also the zigbee ones through reset. The truth is: it only recognises IKEA lights, and even that doesn’t work fine. It doesn’t recognize the Aqara t1 sensors, the Tplink Tapo cameras, the Aeotec 360 camera, the Sonoff ZigBee devices… The list goes on…
It did pair the Aqara tvoc sensor and Xiaomi presence sensor, but that’s it…
It doesn’t recognize the devices that Alexa app and Google Home do through smartthings either.
Should I send it back? Is there a solution, besides the Homey Pro alternative (very very expensive), to try to at least use the Homey bridge devices with smarthings? Or vice versa?
This seems a little too bad to be true, with so much money spent in marketing. A device that costs around 70€ + 3€/ month …
Thinking on returning it and go for the Home Assistant Green instead…
Thank you all

Yes. Some devices that you mention may start working in the near future, but the others very likely won’t.

Not really, no.

Be aware that the Green doesn’t support Zigbee or Z-Wave out of the box.

2 Likes

Thank you Robert

I’m aware, but with their HA dongle it does (for 34€).

1 Like

Only Zigbee though, not Z-Wave :smiley:

You’re right! Any recommendation to fix that? :slight_smile:

Home Assistant makes some recommendations on their website about supported Z-Wave controllers: Z-Wave - Home Assistant