AU Homey & Z-Wave issues

Hi all,

I’m based in Australia and a new Homey owner, however it’s been a frustrating few days trying to get my existing devices to work with Homey.

Half of my devices either error out during the pairing process or are only recognised as basic Z-Wave devices. All of the devices worked reasonably well with SmartThings and they’ve all been unpaired / excluded from the previous SmartThings.

I’m guessing it’s something to do with the Manufacturer / Devices ID’s for Australian Z-Wave devices, but this was something you could relatively easily update in SmartThings.

I’m not super familiar with the CLI & app adjustments with Homey. I’m not exactly sure what I’m doing and to be honest I couldn’t even get the CLI to even install on my Mac. It kept having error messages, so I figure I probably shouldn’t be poking around with things I really don’t understand. I can usually work things out, but this is quite foreign.

Is there any easy way to update the app to include my:

Aeotec Smart Switch 6 (ZW096) - one is detecting but won’t complete the inclusion (stops responding)
Aeotec Smart Switch 6 (ZW096) - won’t even start the inclusion (but works fine with SmartThings)
Aeotec Water Sensor (ZW122B) - detects only as a basic device
Dome Motion Sensor - a rebranded Neo Coolcam. I saw someone else was able to update the Manufacturer ID, but I can’t find how to do that.

Weirdly, I also have some Aeotec Smart Switch 6 (ZW110) and they both work fine, but I can see that the ZW096 should be supported, so I can’t work out why they won’t complete the inclusion process.

I’m in trouble at home after convincing the other half that this was a much better system, so I don’t really want to have to replace 50% of my sensors.

Any advice would be appreciated - I’m happy to try and fix it myself, but I can’t get the ball rolling.

Thanks

Hey @Jetaus , I am also based in Australia and have 5 x Smart Switch 6s. 3 with 1.4 and 1.3 firmware. Also having some challenges but they do pair. The 3 new ones are disconnecting periodically however they are the furthest away. I have been watching the Zwave topology via https://developer.athom.com/tools/zwave but still trying to work out why. Assuming it’s distance but wondering if firmware is a contributing factor. Unfortunately I don’t have a zwave usb to flash upgrade.