Almost all devices, scripts and flows are unavailable after Homey update

Hello,

My Homey Pro (Early 2023) updated to 10.0.0-rc.122 at 05:56am, and this morning I woke up with almost all devices that are not working anymore. They still show up in the Developer Tools, but do not have any capabilities anymore.

In the app they are almost all unavailable, all scripts are gone, and all flows are unavailable cards. See below for a couple of screenshots. (well I’m a new account, so I had to combine all photo’s into one, because for some reason I can only post one photo…)

Only two bedside lamps are still available. They also work. But even my Toon, TV, Circadian zones (not a real device), groups, etc are unavailable.

I was on my way to create a ticket, but it states that it could take 2 weeks to respond (which is absurd by itself). So I think I give the community a go.

Of course I already restarted Homey Pro, turned a lamp off and on, but to no avail. Does anyone have an idea on how to solve this?

AFAIK I don’t have any backups

But did you also PTP?

No, trying that now, thanks for the tip!

Same with my homey. A PTP didn’t help.
Homey script, archive insights, Sonnenereignisse crash.
Open weather, Foscam do not work.

Yep, PTP did not work for me either.

Thats really weird, it almost looks like you lost USER partition or part of it…?
What the app list shows, does the apps are still installed?

Before continuing, I suggest you too pay for / enable cloud backups and/or at least do manual USB backup regularly.

1 Like

You can try performing a factory reset, which AFAIK has the option to keep user data intact: https://support.homey.app/hc/en-us/articles/7263435817116-Connecting-Homey-Pro-Early-2023-to-a-PC-Mac-with-USB

1 Like

Same issue here. Homey went offline this morning and now none of the devices can be used…!

Will there be an emergency patch / rollback?

I think there will be not - v122 has been “experimental” (1st phase deployment) for …9 days or so, installed in between by many users without issues. Now it’s “stable” so it gradually deploys to more users.

What you can try :

• do USB backup (if it gets stuck, use some other USB-C cable)
  • enable experimental updates in Homey Developer Tools
  • update to v133
  • if the issue persists, via USB tool rollback to 122 (also this might be 1st step which could also help - reapply version 122)

Also pls. if you can, provide your diag report after having Homey restarted - not only here (just in case Athom is reading) but for sure to the ticket you create for them (Homey Developer Tools)

I only use my phone / the app to control my homey and since the app cannot connect / the homey is offline I cannot do anything atm

This evening I will try connecting using my computer.

If that fails I think I will remove the homey and switch back to the old setup without homey…

In your case it could be that simply Homey crashed - see my questions above to provide some / more relevant info.

Interesting, when I try to add a new device, no apps are listed.

When I check App Performance, and select one, it spams messages that the app is not running.

When I force restart the app I get the following crash message:

I created a diagnostic report, this is the code 8eba7b06-be6e-422a-b7d8-c19e5c3bee5a.

I did enable cloud backups, and made a backup.

I will first enable “Enable experimental updates”, and see if an update helps

I also created a diagnostics report, just in case Athom is watching. Diagnostic report id: 2732AEC4

I’ll keep you updated.

1 Like

Yep, enabling experimental updates (and let it update) seems to have worked. Thank god, did not want to set it up all again. :smiley:

Thanks a ton all. I guess it was just a faulty update then. Good to know for the future.

1 Like

If you click or hower mouse (not sure now), the real crash reason shoud appear.

Anyway, your Homey doesn’t seems to be healthy at all :-(( Just when it will be booting,keep it starting for long enough

Tried PTP but did not work out
Will try Factory reset this evening

Changing over to an experimental version is for me not a solution. To go back to the stable stream asks for a factory reset. Okay, can use backup to restore, but still

And LED had which color, it’s White rotation and goes to rainbow after? Try to redownload firmware via USB

Are you sure about that? I remember I was on experimental and via USB downloaded latest stable without factory reset

I had issues with all my battery powered Zigbee devices that had to be deleted and re-added. Not a big deal since I only had about 10 of them (I am still struggle with two out of five Aqara temp devices that won’t work even after re-adding - they stop reporting after re-add) Also some apps crashed and had to be re-installed from the “Homey app-store”. Also not a big deal.
What I can’t get around is that all my Insights crashed for the devices that I have not created from scratch. I have created a ticket to Homey support two days ago and hope they can fix it.
My scripts were available after I re-installed the script app from app-store.

(Sorry - this post is in the wrong place since the above happened after migration from Homey Pro 2019 to 2023 and not from a Homey pro 2023 firmware update).