Advanced flow does not trigger

Dear community, i have created an advanced flow for my blinds.
Essentially the idea is to lower the blinds in my house by “following” the sun to keep the temperature inside the house manageable.
I have a fibaro smart sensor which works without any issue and i set the flow to start based on luminance and temperature levels (as per picture).
However, it is now 12.04pm, the sensor tells me that it is reading 914lx and the temp is 26 celsius (the sensor reported the luminance to homey 14 mins ago). Any reason why the flow related to time between 11.30 and 14.30 does not start?
Did i do anything wrong in the start of the flow?

Thanks

PS: when i test the flow all works fine. It is just that the flow does not auto trigger based on temp and luminance + time of the day!

Luminance probably was already above 800lux before your time window.

Luminance triggers only once, when it becomes greater than 800.

Hi @OH2TH correct…luminance was already above 800lux as well as temperature was already above 25.

Should i then create a logic that say if Luminance is above 800lux at that time of the day the card is YES and then if YES the flow is triggered?

Thanks a lot

You would probably need to use the time trigger to:

• trigger every N minutes
  • test for the lux and/or temp conditions
  • test for the time window
  • execute what you want

I wouldn’t trigger any flow more often than every 5 minutes.

You could use Action Scheduler to execute every 5 minutes during the hours of 10-14. This would prevent unnecessary triggers. Time pattern for the app would be */5:10-14 meaning during the hours of 10:00 - 14:59, trigger every 5 mins.

1 Like

Ok - thanks a lot!
I am clear about the triggering each N minutes and i will have a look into action scheduler.
The question is can I use always action scheduler to test lux and temp via the sensor?
Thanks

There should be variables (tags) set also for lux and temperature. You can the use logic with thise variables.

I’m travelling today, otherwise could draw a sample flow.

Ok thanks - i will have a look also on the advanced scheduler and then maybe come back to you if i have more questions…(i am quite new to homey so not that advanced yet) thanks for your patience and support

Welcome to the community. I can continue tomorrow with help. But I’m sure you will solve it or get help before that.

1 Like

That would be neat, but can’t get it to work. Is it me?
Screenshot from 2023-06-09 16-12-03

Screenshot from 2023-06-09 16-08-58

While it is always a good practice to keep an eye on all triggers going on, I see no real issues in using a ‘every 5mins’ trigger, with a little variable delay (to prevent multiple triggers triggering flow conditions and -actions simultanuously).
Imho things can go really wild when one uses, like, every 1 or 2 or 3 sec triggers.

My flow suggestion would be:

i use the flows like this, works like a charm.

the flows call the conditions, and the conditions call the actions… the system load has reduced this way, is my experience.

Hmm, true. My regex does not allow that syntax. Need to check that the library used supports this, as that should be allowed by crontab syntax.

1 Like

my simple advice is do not overthink,(KISS principle - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) the @jobs (date and time) are cronjobs in homey.
Drilling down using te date, time and seconds of the date and time cards should provide the requested results.

What happens after your Conditions on the right? (At the RED Arrow Down)
I don’t see Lines out of the Right-most conditions
So I guess you can’t know if the Trigger was active.

Or is this not your complete flow?

Hi @Dijker here is my complete flow…the bottom left part is the continuation but if i cannot fix the top part first it makes not so much sense to work on the rest.

@Peter_Kawa many thanks. I will clearly try your suggestion and let you know if that works.

Thanks

It did not work for me as well…

Hi Peter - here is how I re-arranged my flow.

As you can see i have added also a logic condition i.e. “Tapparelle EST Run” equal to NO.
This is because, at the end of my flow i have added also a logic condition according to which if the flow is completed the variable is set to yes.
Basically i am trying to avoid that within the same hour the same flow is triggered multiple times.
I do not know if this is the correct workaround for that :slight_smile:

To ensure that this logic works everyday i have then created a condition base on which every day those variables are re-set to NO

Maybe i am messing around with this one and making it too complex but i am learning in between.

Thanks again for your view on this one.

1 Like

I think when you move the logic conditions like “Tapparelle EST Run is equal to no” right after the trigger delay, the rest of the flow stops and doesn’t get evaluated anylonger when these variables are Yes.

Although this is a bit ‘nitpick’ mode, it is a good practice to check which conditional cards stops a flow for the longest time every day in this case if the Tapparelle EST has run or not.
Like, the summer/spring cards only stops the rest of the flow in autumn/winter.

Oh, your ‘time is in between’ cards have the same values.

looking at all postings, i would suspect these are duplicate postings.
@Dijker please check

Thanks for the tips Peter. So this is how i have re arranged the flow (need to reorganize to make it having a tidier look) but essentially is this how it should be>

Huge thanks as always!

1 Like

what do you expect when it is spring? … this flow will only work in the sumer… wich could be a bummer…