Addig Homey Bridge as a extender to Home Pro 2023?

Athom support replied to a user a while ago, it’s indeed only possible to select the transmitting antenna for 433MHz in Satellite mode;
Choosing / selecting which antenna should process a received signal from device Y is not possible yet.
The bridge as Satellite can NOT be used yet as 433MHz receiver
Here’s that particular post in this thread

In English:

It is true that at this moment the Bridge cannot yet be selected as a receiver. Development is aware of this, and for now it has been built in a way it’s impossible both the Bridge and the Pro receive the same signal and therefore perform actions twice. So it remains to be seen how this will be resolved. It is therefore on the roadmap, but we cannot yet guarantee whether and when and in what form this will be implemented.

On august 15 I got a response from support that this information is outdated. On august 18 I got the response “433 Mhz is working on Homey Bridge in Satellite Mode, and you can choose it as an extra antenna to send and receive 433 Mhz commands.”
I don’t think that is true. But how to convince support?

The satellite article @ support.homey.app also talks about the bridge can act as a transmitter only. I didn’t see any update or info about the receiving possibilities yet

I agree. That is the information I have send to support. And which support says it is outdated.
Why aren’t support tickets public?

I will wait for a moment for the response, but at this moment it was not working for me. Indeed the receivers have the option to select the antenna.

Can anyone tell me if it’s already working?

Yes

Okay thanks

My Homey Pro doesn’t reach our garden house so I bought a Homey Bridge to put it there to control the garden house. I have got wired and wireless internet in the garden house.

Should this work only with Infrared and 433 MHz or also with Zigbee and Z-Wave?

As stated in the support article

Using Satellite Mode

The just-connected Homey Bridge will automatically join Homey Pro’s Zigbee and Z-Wave network as powered repeater, strengthening your mesh network of both wireless technologies.

Homey Bridge can also act as a transmitter for your Infrared and 433 MHz devices. You can choose per-device whether to use Homey Pro itself, or one of your Homey Bridges as antenna.

So you still need to have the Z-Wave and Zigbee mesh there but the bridge functions as a router for these mesh networks just like other mains powered devices.

Firmware 10.3.1 adds support for receiving 433 MHz messages via a Satellite.
So that looks that de bridge will extend the 433 range by transmitting received 433 messages via WiFi to Homey. I have not tested it yet.

2 Likes