Add infrared devices

im also disappointed in @Athom for the missing feature

Switchbot hub

1 Like

https://dronebotworkshop.com/ir-remotes/

Thanks Peter. I will look into that.
But, as HomeyPro 2023 has a good infrared sender, and some devices do work with it, is is a bit of a shame that I should have to buy a seperate sending device for just a few lights. My NVidia Shield and Optoma beamer can be operated directly by infrared/homey.

Thanks JPe4619.
I opened the link and it is very interesting, but I am lost me within 10 scolles or so. Much too technical for me. I think I read something about translate codes to different formats? Would this mean that somewhere/somehow this would lead to more codes that can be used in Homey? That would be interesting…

Jamie made an interesting topic about this:

I’m afrraid it also is too diffcult for me, but around christmas I will give it a try…
First attempt will be Yedi iDual lights. :thinking:

Just bought this hub, unfortunately none of the templates work with my Innova Airco/Heater, so I had to make my own template, but everything works so far, would be nice if you could add icons to the buttons instead of all of them being circles. And even though I can now manage the device from the switchbot app, obviously I do not have any feedback on the devices state, other then the current that I measure from the wall plug.
I did manage to add the device to homey so that is very nice though.

Correct, it shares the same ‘feature’ with 433MHz devices.

Hope the new Switchbot lock pro also will be supported in Homey, just made a pre-order.
It comes included with a new matter enabled hub mini…

Price for the whole set including finger reader keypad is about the same as just the nuki keypad 2…

Looking good, I didn’t hear about a Switchbot lock yet.
€219 for a lock+keypad is very nice.
I just bought a Nuki + keypad2 for €250 (with a 20% discount code from tado)
It works with Matter over Thread, and I paired it with HA’s Matter + OpenThread border router integrations.
I’ve no Pro23 to test it, but it should work without an app

With pre-order discount it is actually just 179 :slightly_smiling_face:
I already own a Nuki, and it works pretty good, but very curious about the switchbot one.

1 Like

For a smart lock it’s still a lot of money in my eyes. But €179 sounds a bit more like average Joe could afford :crazy_face:

But, can you connect it with Matter over Thread? Or do you really need Switchbot Hub? I don’t need a (€100,- Nuki) hub for example, although there’s a DIY budget ESP solution for that

I’m not that far with matter, I didn’t even have the Nuki connected to homey first, but I bought the Nuki 3.0 Pro for 240 euro and then a door sensor (which works like shit) for another 50 euro, and till today the keypad 2.0 is still 160 euro, so that would come to a total of 450 euro…
The Switchbot lock, doorsensor, fingerprint keypad and mini matter hub all for 179 then sounds like a bargain…
Anyway, I don’t know exactly yet how everything works, as far as I know I do not really need the hub, but since that was a new one and is also matter enabled I was curious and added it to the order. If I do not find use for it, I can always use it as a secondary IR blaster in another room (I now only have the ‘old’ version mini hub.

The only thing that is not included is a battery pack, because that will be available later, so for now it is using batteries.