Add infrared devices

Hmm, so I guess you haven’t managed to add any devices so it hasn’t saved a log in.
I will have to think about this one as it’s a catch 22.

Ok thx in advance for that

I have published a new test version. If you go through the add devices procedure and login it will now remember the device list, so when you go to the Configure App screen and click on Get Devices it will use the previous list if it fails to get a new one.

1 Like

He Adrian,
I installed the test version, went into the app settings, Get Hub Device and got this:

After this i added a new device, custom IR remote, connect, signed in with my credentials, ok, and there are no new devices found

Any idea? Am I doing doing something wrong or is the test version not working for me?

I am on a Homey Pro early 2023, version 10.0.0-rc.100. Only lan is enabled. Web app 1.9.39. Also tried this after a restart of Homey. Also tried on my Homey 2019, same result.

Could you tap on the Send Log button so I can copy the details and I will add support for that type of remote.

Done

I also tried to add a lg TV remote. Did not work also at first. Deleted the app, restarted homey, installed test version. Had to wait for two minutes(sooner did not work), after this went into the app settings,get hub devices, and two remotes were found. Dyson and LG.
Added a device with switchbot. LG was found, Dyson at this point(you are working on it) not.

It can take a few minutes for new devices to appear in the API list after adding to SwitchBot.

There is a new test version in the store that has support for the Air Purifier Remote.
I’m nor sure if you need other buttons, but I have guessed at some as noting is documented for the Air Purifier.

1 Like

Thx Adrian, works perfect now. On and off is what i needed, the rest is a bonus. At last i can operate my Dyson according to the humidity in my home.

Despite a Dyson app for Homey i never got it working.

In the Logitech Harmony days it worked for some time, but the off button was a pain in the ass.

1 Like

Hey guys,

Im also interrested in adding some random infrared devices, but are u using an external Switchbot device for this or just the Switchbot app in HP2023 and thus using the HP2023 hardware?

thanks in advance.

When the random IR devices are not in the Homey IR database, you’ll need the Switchbot hub to be able to learn IR signals. Homey then uses the SB to send those learned signals.

SB?

SB as in Switchbot, sorry :blush:

1 Like

This was not the answer I hoped for but thanks guys!

2 Likes

Yeah I know the feeling, have this all the time with my wife

3 Likes

:rofl:
Maybe a Switchbot can make a difference as well here

2 Likes

Greetings Adrian,
thanks to your post I could confirm my fears… my brand new HP 2023 won’t learn IR… You recommended back in May the switchBot Hub mini, would you still recommend I go and buy it, any hints you would care sharing on the installation?
Cheers
Olivier

Honestly I’m steaming, I spend 400$ on a hub „to make any other hub obsolete“ promoting „IR functionality“ and now after having spent over a week setting stuff up, wasting countless hours on a proprietary system I have to learn that the so called „IR support“ does not even have the capability to learn IR signals?!? Are you kidding me @Athoms?
This is a joke, honestly. 2$ equipment saved so I have to buy another device and clutter my space. Congratulations.

And yes I know this is only community. Not y’all’s fault. Just very annoyed, apologies!

3 Likes

I was wondering (edit). Logitech stops with the Harmony(, which is shame I guess). But they have databses with virtually every remote that exists (at least at lot). A universal app in which one could import the data of a a remote (from any database, maybe?) Would this be do-able by Athom or an app-builder?

1 Like