433 failing

I agree with this sentiment. All in all it’s about the marketing, and the failure to uphold promises made. I invested quite some money in devices that are no longer usable to me. All 433 remotes are completely redundant at this stage. In addition to this, the drivers for said devices have been removed from the official driver. Just like they were never even there. I’ve raised this issue with tech support, but they claim no changes to the driver have been made.

I am pretty sure there have be no changes or updates last 2 years on the Core of Homey for the RF 433 Mhz part. So What drivers have been removed?

Apart from two, every single light switch / remote from the NEXA driver/app.

Try the Trust Smart Home app, it may support your Nexa devices.

Pls. read the original post.

OK, missed that you had retired those Nexa devices, and it does seem like your unit is borken in some way.
It’s absolutely true that support for a number of devices have been removed from the Nexa app, I have had my Nexa devices “disappear” after app updates. Initially I had to pair them with the KlikAanKlikUit app that as far as I can tell has now changed name to Trust Smart Home.

Yeah, that’s exactly what happened. NEXA → KlikAanKlikUit → Trust.
For your curiousity I guess I’d add that it’s still possible to add most NEXA remotes using LKCT-614 and MYCT-1702, as they use the same protocol as many other NEXA devices.

Thanks for your advice. The only question in this aspect is: how does it work and what about the update of older Homey Pros (like my one) to SDK v3?:thinking: As far as I know, there’s no difference between a Homey Pro 2019 und 2023. At least, I’m not able to get the above mentioned app running on my Homey Pro 2019… :man_shrugging:
Another (honest) question: why did you react on this careless comment of these weather app with thumps up? Compatible with Homey Pro (Early 2023). · Issue #99 · nlrb/com.weather-sensors · GitHub
Didn’t you see the correspondend announcement of help and support for the developer of the app? But he behaves like he isn’t interested in solving the issue… :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :disappointed_relieved:

Thanks Marius for your kind answer and solidarity. Hopefully Athom recognize their certain false promises regarding the compatibility and - especially - user friendlyness of Homey.
When I buy such a highly promoted product for about 400 €, I can expect a stable system - and not requirements to me as user, like to be a programmer or IT nerd… :point_up: :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

The framework that’s called “SDKv3” is different between the old and the new Homey’s. Athom has decided to reimplement SDKv3 and introduce backward-incompatible changes (which as a developer I find truly annoying because when Athom announced the new hardware, they said that porting an app to SDKv3 was all that was required to get it running on the new hardware, which it isn’t).

However, even though the changes aren’t backward compatible, it’s not very difficult to make an app work on both the old and the new hardware.

As a developer, I don’t think it’s careless. The developer explains how other developers can help out with getting the app working on the new hardware, and then there’s a user that clearly doesn’t know what a “PR” is stating that the developer isn’t accepting help with the app and that the users should keep on bothering them in the hope that that will miraculously give them extra time to work on the app. So I fully agree with their remark that, in particular, this user (who apparently clearly thinks they knows better) should stop moaning and start coding.

1 Like

I think you have the timeline a bit wrong. Your Homey was updated to SKDv3 long before Homey Pro was announced and before your sensors stopped working (Unless you have blocked updates I believe the update was rolled out Feb 2021) The fact that all white balls were renamed “Pro” has nothing to do with which updates they receive.
If you have problems running the Wireless Weather Sensors app I’d suggest the issue has nothing to do with SDKv2 vs SDKv3, the app is running just fine on my Homey 2019.

Hi Robert,
thanks for your both fair and clarifying answer regarding the compatibility and the meaning of the corresponding framework of Homey! Now I know what’s meant by the SDKv3 and especially the differences therefore betwenn HP Pro 2019 und 2023. Thanks for your initiative! (regarding the time which is spent on Homey&Co. by the way :wink:)

Thanks for your answer as well, Henrik.
But however, I’m still a little bit desperated, because in the end, it makes no difference to my Homey Pro 2019: the wireless weather sensor app isn’t running anymore on my Homey (see the screenshot of my former post 433 failing - #19 by AlbertGaertner). I received all the updates provided of Athom. This is why my HP has firmware 8.1.3.
What could that mean? :thinking:

But first, I want to wish you all a Happy Easter and nice holidays together with your partner and/or family! :rabbit: :hatching_chick: :bouquet:
Let’s see, what it will bring with it: maybe a huge redevelopment and stability for Homey! :grin:

No hastle, no worries: :point_up_2: as I just tried to add my outdoor temperature and humidity sensor to Homey just right before, it worked properly. And that even before Easter! :grin:

You’re right! :+1:

Nevertheless, a restart of the app was necessary before. Than my sensor was recognized with its specific protocol.
Hopefully this very useful app will run without interruptions or sudden break downs in the future…

By the way @roertklep : regarding the backward incompatibility of the new SDKv3 of HP 2023, it’s like Microsoft Windows 11 wouldn’t be compatible with the programs running on Windows 10. Right? Uuuuiii… :smirk: