Yale Linus

There is an IFTTT integration (august app) this works but I rather not use IFTTT but homey. Now I’m not a programmer myself so guess I have to wait for a developer that buys an Yale Linus :slight_smile:

Since I’m also not able to draw an owl but can use google I’ve stumbled on this: August Lock REST APIs (the basics) | by Nolan Brown | Medium So if this speeds up an integration, your help would be appreciated!

Same here… Not a programmer either… Just a user thats glad that there is a community of talented coders helping us users out! :slight_smile:

Here is another link that i found that probebly also makes it easier for a programmer because its already written in node…

Go for Loqed. :wink:

I’ve not chosen loqed because you cannot enter with a fysical key anymore (I thought). Anyway Yale is on my door now, so I have to deal with it :slight_smile:

I also bought a Yale Linus with a Bridge (wifi/bluethoot). I am not a programmer either. However, I did manage to pair this combination with my Homepod from Apple which does allow me to open and close the door via Siri (Apple Home). It seems to me that this should also be able to be arranged/programmed in the Homey?

So I’m looking for a programmer who can develop an app for this in the Homey!

I have chosen for the Yale Linus because it fits on every cylinder. So I have one on the front door and one on the garage.

If it works with HomeKit, you might be able to use the HomeKit Controller app to control it.

He doesn’t see de lock in the Homekit Controller app?

You could ask the developer.

@TheRealLink do you have a sollution?

Sometimes dreams come true! :slight_smile:

Really happy to see this . Your description reads…

“ You’re just a tap away from locking up, sending virtual keys to trusted friends”

Can you explain quite how I do this with your app ?

You have to ask the developer I think.
Support & contact links are at the bottom of every app page (if supplied by dev.)

@xAPPO Not my app… But it seams that you can set pincodes with flows! :slight_smile:

Hello,

do i need the YALE WIFI bridge to connect Linus Smart Lock with Homey.

Best regards

Philipp

Yes! The app talks to Yales cloud service not the lock directly so you need the bridge.

1 Like

Bit off-topic, but what is your experience with the lock 1,5 years later? Have you considered other locks like Nuki when choosing a smart lock?

My experience is that they are good and reliable… Only thing that i dont like is the keypad its useless becuase its battery life is only 2-3 months then you have to chenge them. And to your other question about nuki… No… Have even bought two more Linus! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing! Was not planning on buying the keypad. With the Linus I like the fact that on the outside nobody can tell that you are even using a smart lock. When using the keypad as well, this is the opposite. The fact you bought two more says a lot! Thanks once again!

Hello, since yesterday I have a problem with the Yale Linus smart lock. It cannot be controlled via Homey and it says “Device unavailable”. I’ve tried restarting Homey, repairing the device, removing and re-adding in both Homey and the Yale Home app and it’s still the same. Does anyone know what to do with it? In Yale Home it works normally. Thanks.

Related.