Unable to pair Aqara Door & Window sensor

Hi,

I’ve got the Homey Pro (latest version 12.0.2) and have been able to add devices before.
I’ve now purchased 2 boxes of Aqara Door & Window Sensor (not T1) but I’m running into issues.

1. Whatever I try to add, the name can’t be changed it just says “add to [name]”.
  2. I’ve followed the instrucktions and hold the button on TWO different sensors (just to make sure the first one isn’t broken) and also close to homey but nothing happens.?
  3. I’ve also tried to add them as zigbee devices, nothing happens

Do you tried to add them without any changes, so no new name, just everything as it is.
And then afterwards, change name, change zone and so on??

I can add them without a problem, but they stop communicating quite fast with Homey. Problem is known by support and awaiting for a solution in the future.

Keep us updated

Welcome Jimmy!

Not T1, but which one?
Acc. this database, there are three other Aqara window & door sensors available:
Door & Window Sensor (MCCGQ11LM, supported)
P1 Door & Window Sensor (MCCGQ13LM, not supported by the Homey Aqara App but it should work via Matter over Thread)
E1 Door & Window Sensor (not supported, more info)

Also, I don’t understand what you mean by “the name can’t be changed”?
Could you please post one or more screenshot how do you try to add this sensor. Also please from the info “add to [name]”. Never heard about this before.

Hi Dirk!

I’ve got this one according to the box: MCCGQ11LM
I hold the button for 3-7 sec and it flashes blue during this.
When I let go it should be picked up by Homey according to my previous experience, but nothing happens. Tried adding it via iPhone 16PM, MacOS-app, Android-App - Nothing works?

When adding the product (under pairing mode) the name can’t be changed (is that normal?)
No matter were I click I can’t edit the name (which I’m certain I’ve could before?)
It works the same from the MacOS-app and on the android. See attachement (swedish language)

I guess this is just a little insignificant bug in the app code. It normally says “Add Door and Window Sensor”. And the name of the device, in this case “Door and Window Sensor”, is filled in automatically. So maybe just the Swedish translation is missing.
The name of the device can’t be changed while the pairing process, just after the device was paired successfully with Homey.
Please inform the App developer about this little bug in the dedicated Aqara topic in the forum:
[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - Simplify your life with a smarter home

About the general pairing problems.
– Try not to change the name of the device while pairing process
– After holding the button until the LED starts flashing blue, release the button and wait

If this doesn’t work, you can try the following points:
– A battery powered Zigbee device can only be added to the Zigbee controller, if it’s in awake condition. Sometimes the device falls asleep again, when the pairing process isn’t finished. It’s possible to keep the device awake if you push the button every 2-3 seconds.
– Restart the Homey Aqara App and then try to add the device again
– Restart Homey via the Homey Smartphone App, wait approx. 10 minutes and then try to add the device again
– Perform a PTP. Pull out the plug, wait approx. 15 minutes, insert the plug again, wait further approx. 10 minutes and then try to add the device again

Other devices usually popups instantly.
And I did let go of the button, but it can’t find the devices for some reason?
I only have the homey as a ZigBee controler so I don’t have any other option to connect.

I’ll try again later today when I get home from work.

What means “other devices”?
There are many devices that Homey supports. It’s a big difference if you want to connect a main powered Zigbee device or a battery powered Zigbee device, for example.

For test purposes only? Or why do you want to connect the sensors to another Zigbee controller?