[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - Simplify your life with a smarter home

All,
I have been extensively testing the Aqara E1 Door & Window sensor with the provided sensors and trying to find a solution for the issue mentioned before, but I am not able to find a way around it.

Like referred to by @rindler, this version of the sensor expects to receive the Aqara manufacturer number (0x115f) as a response back during inclusion. It is possible to add the sensor to Homey without providing this manufacturer number, but it will simply not start reporting anything (ie. open / close state or battery reports).

In the setup Athom has used, the inclusion process is handled outside the app developers reach. In the app I specify the ID’s and inclusion instructions, but only after a successful match based on the ID’s the device is added to the app environment. Changing the response to include the Aqara manufacturer code toward the device, is something outside my reach and would require a Zigbee core update of Homey, similar to the firmware updates of other platforms to make it work.

I will, once more, bring this topic to Athom to request this Zigbee core change, but even if it will be implemented, I do not expect to have this change soon.

So therefore:
Aqara E1 Door & Window sensor (MCCGQ14LM), commonly sold at AliExpress, is NOT compatible with Homey and will not be for the near future

If people want to still order the Aqara Door & Window sensor (MCCGQ11LM) that remains working without any issues, you can order them at the EU based webshops.

8 Likes