Try to use it with NodeRED.
That looks like Homey flows.
I had difficulties to in the beginning.
Now I, m very happy

Just try first beside Homey and do it step by step

@robertklep
Hey Robert may i ask you a last check.
I have some improvement.
I changed flow 1 adding virtual button to launch the flow.
In flow 2 i lade updates too and i solved the transition changed card problem.

Now what happens is the light turns ON to 60% (as i set in the walli dimm settings max 60% brighteness level) then it goes to minimum brightness(maybe 1%) then after 10 seconds it goes to 60%.

It’s weird.
I repeat what i want is the light to turn ON from 0.01 to 0.6 gradually slowly for 10 seconds…

Flow1

Flow2

First of all, make sure that the light isn’t already being turned on when you press the button. I also don’t know the Walli device, but some devices, when turned on, will initially turn on to their last brightness. Sometimes there’s not way around that.

Lastly, you should use this transition: 0.01-0.6,10s,1s

Which means: during 10 seconds, transition from 0.01 to 0.6 in steps of 1 second (so every second it will trigger the “Transition changed” card).

I did changes again but did not work.
I will make a break before getting cancer.

I am checking if with homeyscripts it s possible to do it ?

If you can’t get it working with Transitions or Chronograph, I doubt you’ll be able to get it working with Homeyscript.

You need to debug your issues. So instead of using the card “Dim to [Value]”, use a card that will send you a notification instead. Put the [Value] tag inside the notification. What happens? Do the values that you get in the notifications make any sense?

Next: what happens when you make a flow like this: WHEN this flow is started THEN "Dim to 0.01" and test that flow? Does the light turn on to dim level 0.01, or does it turn on completely?

@robertklep

I just made a test flow, not sure what I am missing.
I know is miss the - and , between the values but not sure how to get them in the flow.

Seems like the only option I have is to use the fields on the right side.

The 2nd flow is started and the Hue bulb is switched on.
I added a notification to test and its sends a 0.01 value.

But it won’t fade to a more bright level, it just keeps on at the start value. I already tried several start values it.

It looks like there’s a bug in v5 that is preventing the “duration” parameter from being passed.

Instead of the “Start a transition” card where you have to set the individual values, try the card where you can enter the “short form” for a transition, and enter this: 0.02-0.6,20s,3s

1 Like

Thanks @robertklep

That works great, I did not realize of the 2nd start a transition card, only found the first one.

FWIW, the issue should be resolve with Homey firmware v5.0.2, which just got released.

2 Likes

Hi RobertKlep,

I’ve created a saturation transition and want to use the value of it in another flow which has another ‘when’ event. I than can’t find the value of the transition, because i only see it at the moment i change the ‘when’ event to transitions.

What i found as workaround, is a separate flow : when Transition changed, copy the transition value in a numeric variable.

1 Like

Creating global tokens (accessible from any flow) for a transition isn’t possible because you can have multiple transitions running at any one time.

The same way Countdown offers globaly the values of its countdowns, it would be great when the transition values where globaly accessible. Maybe it’s an idea for the backlog?

Is it possible to only trigger lights thats already on and not power on the one that’s off? I’ve grouped multiple devices using the group app

That sounds more like a question about the <group> app and not so much the Transitions app.

1 Like

Still can’t get my 3 x Philips HUE 550 (ST64) to dim from 75% to 0% and then turn off within a 60 minute schedule?
Been trying now for 2 days and can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong??

Is there a video somewhere that describes this in detail?

Thanks in advance for answers!

Not sure that this app works with Advanced Flows, I have used it with success in standard flows for adjusting dim values for lamps but it doesn’t seem to work in Advanced Flows. Has anyone else tried it in AF?

Hi Peter,
Could you share how you’re getting the tag TransitionValue? When I click the Dim to-value and check the Tags list, I can’t find how to choose #Transitionvalue.
I’ve named the Transition “vardagsrum-taklampa-ljusstyrka” (Living room-ceiling light-brightness) but I sure can’t find that in the list.

Thanks. I think I’ve tried having them connected and test run the flow, but I still couldn’t find the variable. I then created the variable - perhaps I was supposed to? - but I don’t see where I’m supposed to calculate it. Do I calculate the level with a Logic Calculate variable card, or does Chronograph do this somehow?

@Johanneso @Peter_Kawa kindly move this discussion to the relevant thread.

1 Like

My apologies, Robert, I didn’t pay attention to that.

1 Like