The mystery of Zigbee

Great. :+1: (it will take timeā€¦)

@All, please keep contacting Athom support with system diags. ID, thatā€™s the only way they can :

• see the impact
  • focus on the right spot
  • give the priority to itā€¦
1 Like

there is another way - send back your homey because it does not comply to what is to be expected and what is promised.
in dutch law; https://wetten.overheid.nl/BWBR0005290/2016-09-01

and move to home assistant. Iā€™m going that route - I am totally sick and tired of repairing devices once or twice a week and that even my wife knows blindly how to restart homey because it has one of its perks again (like 3 times a week).

the unofficial limit of zigbee devices is 50 pc and I have 37 devices - Athom can stuff their bowl where it is dark and the sun donā€™t shine. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

If athom only halfway reads this community (or places like tweakers or farcebook) , they can well know that their zigbee stack sucks big time.

1 Like

Perhaps thatā€™s why they donā€™t officially read the forum: plausible deniability :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Enjoy ! Iā€™m using HA aside of Homey (and integrating back to Homey) and will never switch to HA frankly.
I believe itā€™s best combo though for more advanced users.

Where? For what ? Routers/end devices ? I had more than 70 devices working for a year on HP19 ! On HP23 I have now 75 devices and facing some random issues appearing after while, eg. every 2nd week - imagine how to troubleshoot anything like that.

They read along, donā€™t worry. But - Zigbee itself depends also on way you set it up. Zigbee implementation on Homey is far from perfect but do not complain unless you did not perform best practices (as example) and then contacted them asking for support (maybe you did but I donā€™t know your story)

Btw, I have also experience with Zigbee2MQTT and I might tell you, lucky I did not switch as Aqara devices are even more misbehaving on my Homey.

Which dongle did you use?

I expected that question Robert. :laughing: Anyway, I just start that as experiment to see behavior compared to Homey, itā€™s for sure not the best one I could use - itā€™s based on CC2531

Funny is that I start to get one Aqara Vibration sensor completely disconnecting, leaving the network. It started suddenly like after 6 months without me touching anything (and replacing battery did not help). So I repaired connection and few day later - again the same. So I repeated that 3 times so far and guess what - suddenly itā€™s again normal. Sometimes Zigbee could be really trickyā€¦ regardless of the platform, thatā€™s what Iā€™m trying to say.

CC2531 is hopelessly outdated and limited, and not recommended by z2m, but I guess you already know that :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™m using the Sonoff CC2652 dongle and itā€™s nothing short of rock solid for me (39 Aqara/Xiaomi devices, 21 IKEA, and the other 33 mostly TuYa and some other stuff). I have two of those vibration sensors, one in use, and donā€™t have any issues with it either.

1 Like

I compiled a little something to aid in the troubleshooting and optimization of Zigbee networks on Homey.

This guide addresses common performance issues, interference, and how to create a stable mesh network using routers. The document also covers the impact of device limits on different Homey models and steps to mitigate network congestion caused by overactive or faulty devices.

I hope this provides a helpful resource for anyone looking to improve their Zigbee setup.

Donā€™t hesitate to correct or complement me in that thread, itā€™s a moving target :wink:

2 Likes

https://tools.developer.homey.app/tools/zigbee
Perhaps ā€œHomey Developer Toolsā€ will provide more insight?