The mystery of Zigbee

Hello, I would say that Homey Pro has some issues with the firmware. I had the Homey Pro 2019 without major problems, then I upgraded to the Homey Pro 2023, and everything was running smoothly up until version 10.3. After this update, I started having extreme issues with Zigbee (Homey Pro 2023 firmware 10.3.0 - zigbee is broken).

Most of these issues have been resolved… but I still have a problem with the Philips Hue outdoor motion sensors (connected without the bridge) – I have about 6 of them around the house, and all 6 disconnect every time Homey restarts. For some of them, a device repair helps. For others, I have to remove the device and add it again, as the repair process reports that the device I’m trying to add is different from the one that was originally added.

All 3 lights are added using Homey’s default Zigbee driver. If I add them through the Lidl app, the lights work without this error… However, the control is terrible. Color changes do not happen across the full spectrum as they do with the default Zigbee driver, and controlling the white temperature is stuck somewhere between 100% white and 95% white (when set to 100% yellow). On the other hand, with the default Zigbee driver, I can easily move from 100% white to 100% yellow, and the light responds correctly.

2 Likes