Sensors stop working after a day

We know the Homey Pro “early” 2023 is still beta, but I did not expect it is so buggy. While the installation wizards provided me the option to migrated my previous one and import everything in my new, it was the worse choice I made. But cannot reverse anymore.

Now, sensors, 433, Z-wave, and Zigbee fall out every day. I do not know which one will work today and stop tomorrow. It’s really frustrating how this development is going. I did not expect that a company that had many years of experience with its hardware and present its successor in the way Apple does which gives the impression a reliable product will be served with a small number of issues. Why is the product such unreliable, and is development going so slow?

Also the advanced flow, it’s still not supported in the app, so for all these flows you have to go to your computer, which makes support for the P1 issues of the family members really hard to support.

I really doubt what to do, as I already spend money on this new hardware, did the whole move over to the new hardware (as many sensors are built-in and adding them one-by-one should be very time-consuming) but my home automation is so unreliable. Even simple items such as “push notification” is not coming through all the time.

Then the whole discussion regards the satellite system, it is limited and supported, a waste of money. At least for now.

No such issue here, at least with ZWave, Zigbee is usually off after few hours of uptime, regularly restarting. Seems it’s more intensive since RC110 and Athom is aware of this. More logs-debugs-pressure always helps.

1.Can you confirm which firmware you do have?
2. Does it happens immediately or after some uptime? Check uptime Insights, install sysinternals for additional insights.

1. Have you submitted ticket to Athom including diag ?
  2. How big your Smarthome is in terms of devices, apps? Eg. you may use script for that.

Well, it’s not corporation, it’s still Athom with few employees only but based on what I have seen, they really do what they can. Imagine, matter as beta already available! This is kind of revolution on the IoT market. Even I understand, please try to be patient.

Btw even some corporations are extremely rigid and they will even not provide you ANY reasonable support. eg. try Volkswagen, Google… and end user customer you have NO voice at all.

You don’t, you can edit it from phone web browser in Desktop mode but believe me, you don’t want to do that. Also some Advanced flows are very complex, I can’t imagine editing it on phone (regardless of that I don’t like this as well but there is nothing much you can do about that)

Try to negotiate decreasing of severity :-)) Eg. chocolate, wine, beer…

No issues on that for me, try to provide some details I asked above

The old Homey suffered from lots of issues, and the new one does as well. But as before, at some point Athom starts focussing on shiny new toys instead of fixing the old ones first :frowning:

Sure. If you discount SmartThings, Home Assistant, IKEA or Apple :wink:

Not for me, at least not critical one - the only issue I had was the performance. But I agree it would be nice to get first major issues fixed and then keep releasing new stuff but - that’s always a compromise,becuase about “same functionality” nobody will talk

Sure. But we are comparing here “startup” / SMB with corporations - IKEA released first device year ago it seems? Home assistant is in Beta, Smartthings beginning of this year?

Didn’t check Apple but still it’s quite nice achievement from Athom.

Sure, but hardly revolutionary.

For me it is, end of story :slight_smile: Ah, now I see how you understood it - I meant Matter is kind of revolution AND it’s nice achievement from Athom and YES, it will be full of bugs :slight_smile:

1 Like

--------------- Homey Pro Overview v1.11 --------------

Homey name: Homey 2023 Pro

Homey version: 10.0.0-rc.115

Homey model: Homey Pro (Early 2023) (4 core(s))

Uptime: 20124.57 (5 hours, 35 minutes, 24 seconds)

WiFi: Connected

Ethernet: Connected

Throttled: No (Currently: No)

Under voltage: No (Currently: No)

Update available: No

------------------ Main ---------------------

2 Users (1 Owner, 0 Manager, 1 User, 0 Guest)

64 Apps (14 Stable, 43 Test, 7 Development/Community Appstore, 0 SDKv2, 64 SDKv3, 0 Updateable, 0 Disabled/Crashed)

33 Zones

50 Notifications (Timeline)

54 Logic Variables (21 Boolean (Yes/No), 31 Number, 2 String)

566 Flows (0 Broken, 15 Disabled)

50 Advanced flows (0 Broken, 2 Disabled)

1 Alarms (1 Enabled)

20 HomeyScript scripts (11 Token/Tag)

----------------- Devices -------------------

21 Virtual devices

3 Infrared (database) devices

15 Z-Wave devices (4 Unsecure, 1 Secure (S0), 5 Secure (S2 Authenticated), 0 Secure (S2 Unauthenticated), 13 Router, 2 Battery, 0 Unreachable, 0 Unknown)

67 Zigbee devices (23 Router, 44 End device)

131 Other devices

237 Total devices

Please note that the nr. of apps is over the limit already in my case.