Ring Doorbell and Camera support for Homey

With the Homey app Ring (Version 2.10.28) the option “The motion alarm turned on” is executed twice on homey pro 2023 (v10.0.4).

When I create a simpel flow with The motion alarm turned on and action send email, I receive two mails.

Hi Marc,

Which sensor are you using?

Is this a newly created flow or did this behaviour started after an update?

I’ve not seen any other mentions of this, what happens when you take the mail step out of the equation and add a card to write to the timeline?

I’m using a ring video doorbell 3.
I don’t know when this starts, but it’s solved now after creating a new advanced flow with the motion alarm turned on and a card to write to the timeline.
After deleting this test flow it keeps working.

Hi Danee,
Great work for the ring App! Thx many times.
Since a couple of weeks i noticed my ring doorbell Pro doen’t trigger the alarm of movement detection. I already tried to remove and re-install the doorbell but still nog actions (the . In the log there are only one item for alarm and movement directly after re-installing.
It did work before because I had a flow triggering my Sonos to make a sound on a general alarm.
Is there some I did wrong?

60daebbd-36d3-4efd-ab77-9c96566f262d

Homey Pro early 2023
Ring Doorbell Pro 2

This problem has been mentioned extensively in this topic, the solution is also posted many times and it’s also mentioned in the FAQ.

Hi Danee,

Thx for your quick reply.

I couldn’t find the in the FAQ mentioned ‘control center’ in my Ring-App. (was looking under ‘my account’)
After searching the ring-app I found “bedieningspaneel” in the section “Account”.
Clicking on “bedieningspaneel” opened a “Beveiligingsoverzicht” and there is the needed “Geautoriseerde gebruikersapparaten” . :slight_smile:
After deleting the Homey devices and re-authorising it worked again.
I guess I need to update my English :wink:

1 Like

@DaneedeKruyff i saw Athom self also made an app for ring

What’s the different and which on eis the best Tobias ?

I have no idea.
What I can see from the app store is that it’s limit in functionality and devices they support.

Would have been nice of them to let you know an official app was coming…

They did, Emile informed me before they released it.

Good :slight_smile:

Seems pretty limited, so I’ll gladly keep using yours :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the great app, working great here.
I send a snapshot of motion/ring pressed to my Google Hub. This snapshot is not shown fullscreen on my Google hub. I think of the resolution of the snapshot. Is there a way to cast it in fullscreen on my hub?

The app has no control over how a snapshot it takes is rendered on an external device, i think you’ll have to search your solution in either the way you cast or the device displaying the snapshot.

Hi!
Any change to add the icon for the spotlight cam pro to the app?

thanks!

Hi Wes,

Not from inside the app, a device is limited to one image.

Hi Danee,
Is it possible to add the ledlight of the Chime Pro in the app?

Installed a Ring Wired doorbell yesterday, but wasn’t aware of your App, so I installed the official one. That seems to work in flows, but does not show the camera image. Tried yours instead now and that does show the camera image! However, I can’t use it in my flows (that act on a doorbell event)?

I would like to start a flow when someone pushes the doorbell button, but your App only seems to offer a movement alarm and a general alarm (apparently also triggered when the movement alarm is triggered)?

Am I using it wrong or is this not supported?

General Alarm is the doorbell push button.

I saw a general alarm immediately after a motion event, while nobody rang the bell.
Or was I watching the history and was I looking at “off” instead of “on” events? :thinking:

I might have to revert to the official App, since this App uses 45 MB and the official one 15 MB.
(I only have 512 MB and am using > 500 MB when using this App :cry: )

The Official* app offers less functionality so if you need the camera image there’s no other option then using my app.

* There is no official way for third party app to talk to the Ring API. The app you mention is written by Athom and, like mine, not endorsed by Ring.