Report unreachable Z-wave devices

Hi.
This is possible.
But first of all the numbers appearing in the route are out of range of numbers and different every time. My newest device has ID 35 but routes include higher numbers.

I have seen 100 once.

Second, am I so unique having troubles with it? Quite often devices removed without a proper unpairing.

In any case, is there a solution to check this assumption? Should I hard reset the device, pair all devices again then restore flows?

Thank you for replies btw :slight_smile:
-Roman

Is it the same device giving you problems over and over again or can it different ones each time? If it is the same one it might be a device specific problem (not properly reset, broken antenna, too much distance to other routers) and if it is a different one each time It could either be a misbehaving router inbetween or a misbehaving Homey.

Good point.
Every 3 days I get it on the last added device Heatit Z-dim. But it might be also because it is the last one.
This device is very close to the homey hub and surrounded by other z-wave sensors. Using any device between the hub and this z-dim really does not make sense. Dream about the feature to lock the route and prevent re-meshing.
I have checked and see now that I have another device in the top part of the list with the wrong/unexisting numbers in the route. But this one was disconnected for a while (phisically powered off from electricity).
Could it be that the mesh is fooled by the device that should be in the mesh but actually is disconnected now?

1. I will connect this device back or remove from the list.
  2. Will connect one more device to check if this defect appears only with this z-dim or always with the last added device.

Thank you,
Roman

This is not how Z-Wave or the Z-Wave network works. Re-mashing is one of the great advantages of Z-Wave. So it will be a dream.

This is exactly what re-meshing is for. If a repeater is no longer reachable for whatever reason, the other devices look for a new route.
I myself disconnected a router from the power supply several weeks ago, it’s flagged as “Unknown” route. Nevertheless, no device is routed via a non-existing NodeID or via a non-existing device. Nevertheless, no device is routed via a non-existing NodeID or via a non-existing device as it’s the case with you.
I guess that one of the devices is not working properly.
If your tests are unsuccessful, I would definitely contact Athom and, if necessary, Heat-It.

Right.
I suspect that this is a typical situation that one of devices is OFF.
But my one Z-Trm3 received a strange roure being OFF the power. As I remember is was always working well before switching off.

How did it get the unexisting NodeID and when I do not know.
So I have 2 devices with unexisting routes.

About the dream.
I do not fight with this feature and realize the importance of it. But I know what I say. I have a dimmer and motion sensor working together by z-wave involving 5 flows in this collaboration.
I specially placed the hub as close to them as possible and nothing is closer to them. Still this mesh builds a long route to reach them using remote devices making reactions on motion little longer. So my dream was only about these 2 devices those in my opinion would benefit from the fixed route. Why I cannot control it on my own risk?

Both devices (and thus their routes) are unknown. So the routes can’t be actual nor real because it can’t be determined.

In oppsoite to Zigbee, Z-Wave does not re-use node numbers if a device is removed. So, if you have it available, try to connect a new Z-Wave device and see what node number it get’s. If that is higher then 53 that should explain a lot.

If that is the case, maybe you have some improper removed battery powered devices laying around?

Did everything.

1. Removed the disconnected device.
  2. Removed and paired again the problematic dimmer. It was a strange experience. To unpair I clicked 6 times the button expecting no reaction as usually but this time the app said that I am trying to unpair another device not the one selected. I have only one dimmer and it was definitely correct one. So definitely homey could detect that I was clicking this dimmer. It was probably in pairing mode.
    The new node Id is 36.
  3. Added one more z-wave socket with the number 37.
  4. Restored flows. Waiting for disappearing a device.

PS: I have no battery devices but as you can see by numbers I had some strange paring experience when I had to remove and add the same device and could do it wrong once or twice. One of thermostats was strange and I could change the temperature but could not switch it off for example. Did repair and it helped some time ago.

Question, what security level are your devices on? The newly paired should work fine, but if any are on S0 security that was pretty problematic and isn’t used for newly paired devices anymore. S0 devices also tended to have delays.

It took less than 1 day to get my z-dim disconnected again.
Really bad. After the very first pairing of this device it worked fine for a week or two.

The new device and all other are fine.
The fake NodeID is 116. Compketelly out of any ranges.
One more assumption -I have 5 flows usining the countdown app switching this dim on and off quite often. I will reconnect the z-dim and disable the flows. Interesting if this have any impact.

Security is S2.

To those who involved in my strange case.
Already 3 days as I use the z-dim without any flows (as manual dimmer but paired) and it is still properly paired.
Make conclusion that the intensive participation of Heatit z-dim in flows with countdown and dependency ti the motion control make this z-dim brake the route.

Hi mates.

I had 5 months of stability and now everything continues.
I am loosing random devices one by one as unknown.

Am I alone having this issue?
Again I see unexisting paths with big numbers between nodes.

Removing and adding devices helps but these z-trm needs a code that is on the body and I need to disassemble the sockets every time, then restart homey, connect and iall this takes time that I never have.
How can ai force the z-wave network to rebuild the paths?

You can use the code 00000. Then the Z-TRM3 will be included unsecure.

Developer Tools → Z-Wave → click the 3 dots on the right site of the row → Heal
(Batterie powered devices must be woken up before.)

Or you can do a PTP. After that the complete Z-Wave mesh will be rebuild, but it takes some time.

Here the solution for my case: i have the roller shutters plugged to the wall and not inside/behind the wall, so i just PTPed the cable. They changed the mesh from directly to Homey to an intermediary device closer to them.

If you have Homey on a different electric gruop than the shutters you can try turning off/on this group

I hope this helps somebody in the future.