Problem Homey Bridge Not Connected

Same problem as Ed, bridge goes offline almost every day and only reconnects after unplugging. Very annoying when you are not at home for a couple of days.

Please report @PatvD , while Athom thinks this is the issue:

https://support.homey.app/hc/en-us/requests/new

Peter, that’s a different problem, my bridge doesn’t reconnect from itself, once disconnected it needs to be unplugged to connect again. So the bridge is basically useless when not at home.

1 Like

I meant, report the issue to Athom please, while they think the issue is just minor. The screenshot shows their description of it.
I added the the support link for you to report right away :wink:

I have exactly the same problem… It always happens around 1:37am ± 2 minutes. The cause is following event in my Fritz!Box Fritz-Disconnect-Event. The DSL connection to the provider is automatically disconnected by the Fritz!Box before the provider does it. However, a system, that does not connect itself after a disconnect should not go to the customer. You should improve your automated integration tests :wink:

REMARK:
You can disable this obsolete feature in the fritz-box connection settings… I’ll test it! BUT THIS IS JUST A WORKAROUND!!!

Please notify support with this finding!
https://support.homey.app/hc/en-us/requests/new

I have a similar problem. My Homey Bridge has been useless for 3 days now. In the Devices screen it shows a red exclamation mark. Tapping it results in a message in red: Homey Bridge Not Connected. Restarting it does not solve the problem. I reported the issue 3 days ago to Homey support, but I have not received any response, except for a confirmation message. I am deeply dissapointed in my purchase (just 1 month ago).

1 Like

Bought the premium option last week and since then the homey bridge almost continuously disconnects.
Anyone had similar experiences and/or a solution?

1 Like

It’s most probably not the bridge, but your wifi system,

Do you own a mesh wifi system?
If yes, make sure you lock it on ONE Access Point (f.i. by Band Steering / fiddling with Transmit power / MAC filtering).
Also turn wifi6 off, and create separate 2.4GHz and 5GHz SSID’s, and connect the bridge to the 2.4GHz SSID
Also set 2.4GHz mode to b/g and not to b/g/n or n or ac

Other do’s and don’ts (ignore ‘Homey Pro’, while the bridge has the same wifi module):

Yes, i have. I got a mesh system, and when i bound it to a AP (i had already bound the IP-adress), as @Peter_Kawa sugests, then it was stable. It did disconnect sometimes after that, but not very often. I used a combined 5gHz and 2,4gHz network.

Regards
Marius

1 Like