OSRAM Powerplug directly paired to Homey Zigbee

Hi all, thanks for taking the time to read this.

I’m trying to add some Osram Smart+ powerplugs to Homey.
I’m able to pair them to Homey using the Osram App, however if I do this, they are not linked to my Homey Zigbee network (about 15 HUE Bulbs). This has my preference as without the Homey Zigbee network I’m not able to reach all powerplugs hence I want to add them directly to Homey. When doing this I get a time out message when pairing.

(how I do it: I click and hold to power button on the plug to reset the plug and put in pairing mode. At the same time I start a search for a new Zigbee device in the Homey app)

Any ideas on how to do this or is it a not supported device?

Thanks!

This doesn’t really make sense, because pairing them with Homey means they became part of Homey’s Zigbee network. If you’re using the Hue bridge for the bulbs, they actually are on a different network.

Hi Robert,
I did connect my Hue lights directly to Homey :slightly_smiling_face:
So I’m not using the Hue bridge.

How do you conclude that the Osram device isn’t linked to Homey’s Zigbee network?

Not sure what you mean?
You mean if I use the Osram app? I was under the assumption that if you want to link something in to the Homey Zigbee network you have to use the Homey app -> Add zigbee device. This isn’t the case?

In your first post you state that “I’m able to pair them to Homey using the Osram App, however if I do this, they are not linked to my Homey Zigbee network”.

How do you conclude that they aren’t linked to your Homey’s Zigbee network?

There are two methods, the one you mention but also picking the specific app for your brand. If the app supports the device, it doesn’t matter which method you use. However, you do need to install the app if you want the best device support (otherwise the device is added as a Simple Zigbee Device and not all of its features may be supported).