Ledvance smart+ Outdoor Plug added as Osram Plug (ZigBee)

I added the Ledvance smart+ Outdoor Plug to Homey by adding it as an Osram Plug (ZigBee). Works great so far.

(and now there is an entry in the forum this works)

I do have a question. Is ZigBee a default protocol (so could I have added it as any other zigbee plug) or was this sheer luck?

1 Like

Aah de Osram en Ledvance lampen zijn gelijk :slight_smile: https://www.benelux.osram-lamps.com/nl/onderneming/over-ledvance/index.jsp

Ha Mark, goed om te lezen! Ik heb het echter ook geprobeerd, maar het lukt mij niet om de smart+ Outdoor Plug te koppelen met mijn Homey Pro. Heb je nog een specifieke handeling verricht?

Ik heb de zigbee gardenpole set aangeschaft maar na het selecteren van het probuct in de homey osram app gebeurt er een tijd niets en dan geeft hij aan dat het te lang duurt. (Homey V4.2) reset helpt niet.

1 Like

Nee het is gewoon naar de + van devices
dan naar Osram Lightify (ZigBee)
Dan Plug selecteren
De plug 6x aan en uitzetten en dan wordt ie gezien.

Small update.

Osram Lightify (ZigBee) "crash"
The Osram Lightify (ZigBee) plug sometimes “crashes”. It does not function as a bridge anymore for other ZigBee devices and even block the Hue remotes and devices that are controlled by the Phitips Hue ZigBee app to stop working.

Solutions that do not work
This problem is not solved by a reset (long press the button on the plug for 10 times).
If you unplug the plug and reboot the Homey the Philips devices will start working again.

What does work
What does work is re-adding the plug again to homey. Don’t delete it before hand. Just add a plug by going to:

• Click the + button on the devices page
  • Select Osram Lightify (ZigBee)
  • Select Plug
  • Switch the plug on and of 6 times using the button on the plug
  • The app will give an error message “device already exist” but it will start working again afterwards.

Ik heb destijds de plug gekoppeld aan mijn Hue bridge en op die manier beschikbaar gemaakt in Homey. Works like a charm!

I decided to add the light as a generic ZigBee device and that solved my issues (I removed the Osram app).