New IKEA SHORTCUT Button

Hello friends…

How to get Homey to see my new Ikea device ?

IKEA SHORTCUT BUTTON

It shows up as “Unknown Zigbee device”

What to do :slight_smile:

1 Like

I also want this support! If everyone fills out the form in the link above i am sure athom will prioritize it- in the mean time I will investigate a workaround.

1 Like

Have You found a solution - I cant …

I have triede to write to support - but havent got any reply´s

As far as I can see, the only workaround for now is to run zigbee2mqtt (they support the button) on a separate server and then pick up the button using a mqtt listener on homey.

Wonder how difficult it would be to create a pr to GitHub - athombv/com.ikea.tradfri.

Guess latest version for Homey v5 is not public on Github. So ask Athom but i woul expect it soon afte they fixed v5 and released it to stable.

So v5 will include a completely new ikea app?

Look at the test version on the store. That one is already available for v5 users.

1 Like

how do I find the test version ?

Hi
I’ve installed the experimental version of ikea trådfri 1.8.4 (/test) but the shortcut button is not available.
I’m on homey v 5.0.

Have you managed to install the shortcut button?

It’s not supported by the IKEA app (test or otherwise).

Ok! Thanks :slight_smile:

Any update on the shortcut button?

Yes of course! I did that five minutes from now! :wink:

2 Likes

Looks like there is support in the test version in app store. Haven’t tested it out yet, but looks promising!

1 Like

Ok Marius… How do I install the experimental version? :slight_smile:

In a browser, go to the app in the store. edit the url by adding /test at the end. If there is a test version, you should see a page with an orange banner saying it is an experimental version. Install from there.

Thank you, installing now!

Tested my shortcut button but it doesn’t work after pairing. Reported to Athom support so waiting now.

Mine is working ok, wrongly reports low battery

1 Like