Helping Athom to prioritize IKEA Zigbee development

As many of you know, the IKEA units are among the highest value for money that we currently are able to buy. (I have no affiliation with IKEA, other than being Swedish :blush:)

It is therefor a pity that there is still no support for the following two units: (The first is the simple on/off/dim-button. The second is the motion detector.)

Device Manufacturer Name:
IKEA

Device Name:
tradfri-tradloes-dimmer-vit-70408595

SKU-number:

Device Manufacturer Name:
IKEA

Device Name:
tradfri-tradloes-roerelsesensor-vit-70429913/

SKU-number:

I encourage all that read this message to click on the following link and make one request for the Trådfri remote, and another for the Trådfri motion detector.

I am aware that such requests perhaps have been made before, but it is obvious that we need to help Athom to get an estimate of how many people want this. If I am wrong and no-one fills out the information, nothing will happen. On the other hand, if a lot of people fill out the information, then Athom will have a better possibility of prioritizing their backlog, and hopefully more people will buy the Homey when they see that units such as these are supported.

1 Like

This on/off button is really nifty device and I really do want to see it ASAP. Small, cheap, yet practical.

I think most of these devices cannot be supported by the current Zigbee stack, so will require The Mythical Zigbee Rewrite™ (:unicorn:) before support for them can be added.

2 Likes

Im sure i will see a unicorn (twice) before that rewrite :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Until then, you can use a Raspi with a Conbee 2 stick. After logging in to the Conbee, you can add the devices to Homey using the Homey Conbee app.

The Ikea blinds and the switch throw also detected.

Thank you @Undertaker !

I also contacted athom a week ago.
That was their reply:

The 5 button and I/O dimmer button remote are slated to be added with the next update for the Ikea app.

I am not sure about the sound dimmer button as I am not aware of such an Ikea remote but we will also be adding the Up/down remote which could be it