MQTT Broker for Homey

Thanks, I know Harrie, but I find it harder to explain somehow :smiling_face:

First thx for you reply. I have a water meter with mqtt possibility. Tried a mqtt device but it doesn’t get a value. Do i have to adjust this setting?

When adding a device i get this screen. On my iphone 13 i can’t read the text for next button. It is empty. Ofcourse i pushed this button, and that works to go to the next screen

I assume you still have to set the state topic (watermeter/reading/current_value).

Thx Robert, that works. Nice

I have added Peak, ,OffPeak, ProducedPeak and ProducedOffPeak. Is it somehow possible to add an extra field with the outcome of these four?

Hi, I’ve been trying to help Aldo with this issue, but so far we have not been able to fix this issue on his Homey Pro. I have a Homey early 2018 (no Pro) and I don’t have this issue at all. What happens is, when he restarts his homey or restarts the mqtt broker app the username/password field is empty. When he enters the same information and applies the info returns: nothing changed, but when you start the broker the logs tell you that HA has an issue authenticating. The only way to fix this temporary is to use the Remove Settings below the username/password, restart the broker app and reapply the username and password.

Anyone any idea why this is happening or has anyone seen this issue before? We already tried to remove the app and restart homey etc. but so far nothing works.

Kind Regards,
André

I have got the exact same issue. I also solve it the way you do. Therefore i don’t restart the broker anymore. When it’s running, it’s running. Have no clue how to solve it. Momentarily i restart the hub and let it Broadcast automatically, within my script.That solved some of my problems. At this moment it works oke. But it’s to short if this really works, because i am using mqtt for only some days.

1 Like

Perhaps try to delete the user data (there is a button in settings). Perhaps the storage got damaged somehow. This deletes the file on Homey where the data is stored. You would need to re-enter the data. Perhaps this solves the problem.

Tried it. When i deleted the settings, nothing happened. Al the settings were just the same. Deleted the app, but couldn’t install the broker. Restarted homey, at first didn’t want to install. After 15 minutes of waiting I could install the app. Entering the settings again, but the autorisation failed. Long story short. Many many attempts and at last all works again.

1 Like

I am a newbie regarding MQTT and Homey programming/scripting so hopefully anyone can help me

I Installed MQTT Broker and used a Raspberry Pi to send data to the broker

Within the broker i see the information

how can i convert this to a sensor/device

this is the Broker log

i would like a device with 3 temperature sensors like the first 3 Packet published in the broker

kind regards

Pascal

You also have to install the Mqtt client and Mqtt Hub. That way the device values will be imported. You can make virtual devices with the hub, there you will have your values

That’s the workaround that works until you restart homey or restart the mqtt broker. Like Marcel says we try to minimize the restart of the broker app.

I experience kinda the same issue. Everytime the broker app is restarted the last added user and password is deleted from the list.

I now add an extra user to be safe.

Did you perhaps have another more permanent solution?

I also noticed that I can add a device but as soon as it is added the device seems to be ended again.
Still researching if this has something to do with my new wifi mesh network which i recently installed.

1 Like

so after last night update not al my clients connect, some connect but i cant operate them " client has already ended"

There is a new update 3.0.2 with a fix for this. We tested it. After restart homey all is still there.

2 Likes

Thnx a million, looks like it’s solved indeed.
Had to reconfigure my users to get it working.
Thnx

1 Like

Thanks man!!!

:white_check_mark: 1. broker is running with username and password on local port
:stop_sign: 2. Can’t make it work with certificate, but for now it’s okay.
:stop_sign: 3. Most important, the zigbee2mqtt app can’t find my broker… :confused:

Any ideas?

Pls show your mqtt broker config as well, then we can go check :grin: :wink:

Oh, btw, do you use port 1885 on purpose? By default it’s 1883
And Homey’s IP is 192.168.1.70?

1 Like

Yes i use 1885 because my HA broker is using 1883, and I was not sure if something would go wrong.

Yep, that’s my ip i get from the settings.

It comes here:

Btw the error i get in Z2M with/without SSL
chrome_EzCV58eSvq
chrome_vu6cLjAHAw

You’ll need one broker in your MQTT setup.
I think you need to tick the box “Also allow unsecure connections”, which means http

I’ve no usable knowledge about local secure https connections.

I have a tutorial here, but it"s in mainly Dutch.
But probably the screenshots will help, and Chrome browser can auto translate it :stuck_out_tongue: