MQTT Broker for Homey

Diagnose report created under: b2e62fac-78bd-4121-aaba-4d42e02e1e84.
Can you please have a look.
Thanks in advance.

Hope you flagged it as such (I did too).

Great with the update. I wrote a wile back ago if you have the websocket on this app? Both for ws and wss? Im building a dashboard for Homey and with this app it could mean that “normal” people can use it as well. Looks like your source code is not public. Thats another way if you want me to help out with this I can look into it my self. Hope this is solveable.

@scanno after the update to 3.0.0 the broker stoped working. after restarting the app it keeps crashing.

I have the same problem. It has been rock solid under v2.0. Any idea of a workaround or fix planned?

1 Like

I have the same problem. After the update the app crashing.

Problem should be resolved in version 3.0.1

2 Likes

Version 2.0.0 is still using sdk2 that will be depricated soon and also uses an old depricated library for the implementation of the mqtt broker.

3.0.1 is really necessary, otherwise it will stop working somewhere next year.

1 Like

Does version 3.0.1 solve your problem?

1 Like

It works here at least. Updated automatically from 3.0.0 and all data is updating as expected.

Yes, all resolved. Thanks so much for rapid fix.

hi @scanno
my broker was updated to V3.01 but since i get an error when it starts up (broker will not start)
the error states : “no such file or directory : /userdata/broker-users.json”
i was running the broker without user logins.

Best …

I have a problem with mqtt broker version 3.0.1
If my homey restarts, this app has lost the user login details and password and will therefore not start communicating
I have a Homey Pro / 2019
after entering the data, the app works again.
Please your advice

1 Like

Mqtt is totally new for me. Installed the broker, configured it. Started the broker, packages are published.

I use a smartgateways smart meter. Entered the Mqtt details.

Installed mqtt explorer and are able to see the incoming data.

So far so good. But I have no idea how i get these data in the broker, or how i can use these data. What do I have to do to get the data in Homey?

If you can see the data with the MqttExplorer, the topics should be available in the broker.
Install the Mqtt Client app in Homey and connect to your broker.
Then create a flow with the trigger of the Mqtt Client app and enter the topic you want to read (single value. no path).
This way you can read values triggered by a value change and store the data in logic variables or in virtuel devices.

2 Likes

These are the settings for the client

I get these messages

Made this flow to set the value on a virtual device

But it seems i am missing something

Hi Marcel, almost there I think! There’s a value reported in the logs, that part seems to work.

At ‘Set a virtual sensor value’ you should enter the capability yourself, like meter_water (do not use the blue tag).
You don’t see a timeline message, while the sensor card errors, and stops the flow. Connect the timeline card to the output of the mqtt client trigger card.

Use the error line as well, so you can see a bit more of what is (not) happening.
Something like:

Here you’l find all Homey capabilities you can use in the virtual sensor cards:

1 Like

Great, this was what i was missing. It’s so simple when you know it😁

1 Like

Another option is to use an “MQTT device” from the MQTT Hub app. This device is specifically build for this purpose and handles all the topic registrations for you (no flow needed).

1 Like