Migrate from Homey Pro early 16 to early23 not working

Hi all

Today trying to migrate from my homey early2016 (i think) to the new homey 23

restored a back up, and homey is running… can add new zigbee and zwave devices but sadly all te old ones are gone… repearing did not work.

At the developer tools only shows the homey and the new device i add as a test.

Searching the forum, but i the mean time any tips…or i have to include al my devices again.

thkss

Are you sure everything was in a recent back-up?
Have you turned off the old homey before powering on the new one?
Have you gave it some time to restore and download everything completely?

You could try again. Give it time and stick to the guidelines mentioned in the migrate item in the knowledge base on the website.

Did you chose the new Homey in your App?

I had the same issue and ‘lost’ all my HUE devices putting a backup from the old Homey on my new 2023 Homey. Seems that your old devices are still running on the old 2016 Zigbee network en all new devices are installed on the new 2023 Homey. Although I can’t see any ( old ) Zigbee device in my developer page, they all work fine with my new Homey.

Perhaps it would be good to rename this topic into something that reflects the problem better, @RoyWissenburg.

2 Likes

It’s a known issue:

So please contact Athom!

As you wrote here, you’re using Hue devices with the bridge. Because these Hue Zigbee devices uses their own Zigbee network via the Hue bridge, this problem has nothing to do with the problem of the OP. What comes into my mind is, that the HP23 has got a new IP address, maybe this is/was the problem. But it’s OT.

Okay, nice to know.

What did you do with the tool?

Just a Quick question: setup my new 2023 pro to ethernet. Asked it to resterende the latent back iep. It’s now allready 2 Hours on a blue ring turnigy (Homey is Busy) How long dis it take you?

Reading this, Re-Reading and reading again… I think I understand what you mean,

Two hours for a Restore is a long time, If it doesn’t change within an hour I would suggest:

• PtP and boot it, look if it has done something.
  • Reset to Factory Default, Let it Update to latest Firmware first and Check the New Homey works.
  • Then Reset to Factory Default, and restore a Backup …
  • And last but not least: Zoek een NL Topic “Migratie 2023” of open er een in het Nederlands. :wink: