Unable to repair Zigbee Devices after Migration

Hi,

Tried to migrate from an old Homey pro (2019) to Homey pro 2023 erlier today. Had a recent backup and restred that to the new homey. Everything looked fine and as expected all Zigbee devices needed to be repaired.
But here my migration stopped…I tried to repair a number of differnt devices but they all failed with an error message saying that “An error occured when adding a device, please try again”.

My Homey was on 10.0 software and all devices was (but a tested a number of different devices) from IKEA. I have Zigbee from different vendors also, but they all are of the type EndDevice and most of the IKEA devices are routers so therefore I want to repair them first and havent tried the other ones.

It was possible to add new IKEA devices but repair a device from the backup always failed.

Any suggestion on how to fix it?
I have quit many flows that uses the Zigbee devices so remove and add is not really what I want to do

//Mats

How your https://tools.developer.homey.app/tools/zigbee looks like ? (don’t share the bottom part System information with your keys etc.)

How old is your HP19 backup you have restored from and HP23 is on v10rc1 ?

The Zigbee status page in developer tools has only one node, and thats homey…
The backup was done manually just before the restore, but my HP23 is on the last “stable” version (10.0.0), perhaps I should upgrade and see if that makes any difference.

There is experimental version with this comment in the changelog

Backups

• Fixes an issue that could cause restoring a backup to fail.

So maybe it’s worth trying.

To get RC1, you first need to enable exp. upgrades on Homey Developer Tools (after upgrade you can turn it off)

Tried RC1 but with the same result. This time I also tried to repair a device from another brand, but that did not work either. It is still possible to add new Zigbee devices, it’s only the repair function that doesn’t work.

And just to be sure,how you are doing repair? Because there are two ways…

Mostly using the web app, right click and select repair. But I have also tried open device settings in the iPhone APP and from there selected repair, this method is however hard to use because the phone app are not so responsive when all those zigbee devices have failed. I have waited for almost an hour but even then it’s hard to get in to the device settings.

Try to simply pair it as new device without removing it - does it work then?

Ok, will try that later…

I’m having the exact same issue as Magellan. I can’t for the life of me migrate my Zigbee devices to the new Homey, I last tried back in may, and went back to my 2019 for the same reason. Eager to try again, I’ve spent the past 2 days for nothing but trouble.

I’ve also tried to add them as a new device, and they will be added, but as a “new device”. Totally different from my 2019, where I now needed to repair the devices I failed to add to my 2023. The 2019 handles this perfectly and they show up as existing devices, no messing up my flows.

There were several fixes since then, so you should be OKay, however also @Magellan58 shall be OKay and he is not. @Magellan58, seems the only way is to report to Athom again.

Note : I do expect, that your HP2019 was also on the most recent firmware…

Ou, if it added as completely new device, then I believe Zigbee DB is broken and actually HP23 knows nothing about previous devices, which isn’t good. I hope Athom will fix then - @Xavior did you report it back in May to Athom ?
Also not a solution but might be handy for any future cases - [HOW-TO][Pro][Cloud] - Tool to FIX (advanced) flows after removing and re-adding devices

1 Like

Also if this will not help (test on one device only), try to start from scratch - there are positive reports, that second restore AFTER Factory reset of HP23 has been successful.

Finally I succeeded with my migration to HP23. I had to add all Zigbee devices again, and then I run the script you so kindly provided on the link above. It was some work, but the script updated all my flows and then I just deleted the old Zigbee devices (those from the backup).

Hi there,
I have some Zigbee issues since about half a year now. Within contact with Homey Helpdesk, a realy nice and for all things patient co-worker helpt me out with this thing. I’m like to share this with you.
First make a print of your Homey infra structure. Best thing to do so is from a desktop device. Then make sure that your Zigbeenetwork is first of all setup with wired devices, like Zigbee switches, or lamps. If you have fixed this, then you can add battery devices like sensors or wireles switches or dimmers and so on.
Now you should have build a steady Zigbee network.
Second thing, not unimprtant, there is a maximum number of Zigbee devices that Homey seems to be able to handle. More than about 35 devices will make your Zigbee network instabile. Eventhough that is not a fixed number.
I find that out after I included 9 Frient smokedetectors… If I had knewn this before, I’ve waited a little while to save some money and bought some Z-Wave devices …
Hopefully It may help you to fix the Zigbee-error.

Louis.

Not really, I’m / I was on HP19 on more then 70 devices

Btw, there is article on building stable ZigBee

1 Like

Thank you very much for your efforts, @Louis-RDN. However, the problem described here by the topic owner has nothing to do with what you describe. What you describe has to do with best practice at the HP19.

I have the same problem as @Magellan58 and @Xavior. After migrating from HP19 to HP23 no zigbee devices can be repaired. The Zigbee network in DevTools is empty, with the exception of HP23 as coordinator.
I’m already in contact with Athom. On Friday, Athom had asked me to perform a certain sequence of actions and then, in addition to screenshots of the Zigbee network, send a diagnostic report. I’m waiting for their reply.

I opened already a topic in the German language section. This topic can be found here:

Another user describes the same problem in the Dutch section:

Therefore, I assume that the problem does not occur randomly but is a bug in the firmware. Similar to the Z-Wave problem with too much traffic.

@Magellan58, after deleting the Zigbee devices (or did you a Zigbee network reset?) and add them again with the script, have you noticed any other Zigbee problems?

1 Like

I added them as new devices (with new names) ran the script on each of them, then I removed all the old ones.

I have not had any problems, it seems that I have got a stable and well working zigbee network and all my old flows work as expected.

1 Like

I’m also having this issue. I tried upgrading to RC10, but it still doesn’t work. “An error occured when adding a device, please try again”. Anyone with the same issue?

Please contact Athom. I faced this as well, try restarting Homey, it helped me

I did a factory reset, it fixed the issue! :slight_smile:

1 Like