Manual Repair Zigbee - Migrating from Homey Pro (2016-2019) to Homey Pro (Early 2023)

I have installed the latest backup from Homey 2019 on my new Homey 2023.

There are no Zigbee devices that work, is there any solution for this?

Yes this is communicated as something that is a manual action after migration:

Zigbee devices not responding after restoring a backup

Each and every Zigbee device needs to be send a repair command to start working on your new Homey Pro. To do so you can go to the device settings on the Homey Mobile App and click “Try to repair” under Maintenance. In the Homey Web App you can right-click the device tile and click repair.

1 Like

Thank you very much!

When I send this repair command, the device goes straight into pairing mode.

Is this correct, seems like I have to also physically maintain and start pairing evey device.

Yep, That’s what is says…

Because that’s basically what “repairing” does: it re-pairs the device.

Yes, that’s correct.

2 Likes

Is the best thing to start the old Homey and reset the Zigbee network, maybe remove all Zigbee devices so the devices are easier to pair with the new Homey?

What exactly is the problem you have? Your Zigbee devices don’t work after restoring a backup from an old Homey is to be expected, but now it sounds like you cannot add new devices to your new Homey. Is that correct?

Some of the old Aqara motion detectors will not pair with the new Homey.

Even though it’s Zigbee network is empty. So I thought they are bound to the old one which is unplugged.

I will anyway add all my wired devices first, but I have too few of them.

If you put them in pairing mode they will forget the previous network and search for a new one. It could be that restoring the backup put the Zigbee configuration of the new Homey in a broken state, you’re not the only one that’s having issues.

1 Like

I managed to add those now, seems like a restart was necessary.

Do you know why they have removed the view of the working route for the nodes in HP23?

I can only guess, perhaps the new Zigbee chip lacks the ability to retrieve this information.

If that is so, then maybe that is also the anwer for why my devices suddenly rearranged.

I added all the routers first, then the end devices.
Now, Homey by itself has moved the routers in between the end devices.

This is something new, is this better for the Zigbee traffic?

It’s more likely that the order in which devices are displayed means nothing.

1 Like

How do I know which device is in which order if the nodes are displayed in a different order than they actually are?

I remember it was so important to add the routers first, only why I wonder why the order suddenly is mixed up.

Zigbee devices don’t have an “order”. The old Homey probably assigned some internal index to devices that were added, and used that index to show the devices, but that doesn’t mean anything in terms of how your Zigbee network is working.

It still is, but it’s irrelevant to how your devices are being displayed. Adding routers first tries to ensure that it’s mostly router devices that have a direct connection with Homey, and that the routers create a good meshing network amongst themselves, before you start adding end devices.

1 Like

Anyone more than me not seeing any “maintenance” for their Zigbee devices on the mobile app?
And right-clicking on the device in the web app gives me no repair option.
Is this only available on a Homey2023, or on Homey2016-2019 too?

That is only available on HP23.

1 Like