Mi Homey

Is the gateway 3 version also supported?
I’d like to lower the latency on my zigbee devices (xiaomi) and hoping that using this app would make that happen.

C

@Maxmudjon please can you integrate the Vibration- and Water Leak Sensor…

I would need too the Vibration sensor… The app works great.

is this app being developed at all still?

Hey guys,

I think Over half a year Ago I bought two EU hubs, but sold them again… I couldn’t use it for all my xiaomi zigbee sensors at that time…

Is it real, proven and sure that I can use this app and Xiaomi Hub with all my Xiaomi sensors? (Square temp, round temp, door sensors, motion lux sensor, RoUndbutton)

Than, this could solve My zigbee issues, am waiting for the never launched zigbee rewrite firmware .

What is the max number of sensors to one hub?

Today arrived my second hub (chinese mijia). Added the hub and a few sensors ( round and square temp sensor and square door sensor) whitout problems. Now the token appears in xiaomi mi home app.

I think that the max zigbee devices per hub is 32.

You can install the app and see suported devices.

This app works very well and is more stable than using internal zigbee whit tedd app.

Wow that sound great! @jannes did you see this potential solution?

Thanks @Wout_van_den_Dool & @Eduardo_Rodriguez! Can you use the and prevent it from connecting to China or is that a dream? :slight_smile:

I think I don’t understand the question very well, but I think that the gateway needs to be connected to some server to add the devices. After this I don’t know if it is possible to block it with a firewall or similar

Wow, great results here:

Is it real, proven and sure that I can use this app and Xiaomi Hub with all my Xiaomi sensors? (Square temp, round temp, door sensors, motion lux sensor, RoUndbutton)

I managed to include the dropped out sensors (which were connected directly to Homey hub via @TedTolboom his app [APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App) - #1710) now via this app by buyng a V2 Xiaomi Gateway from Marktplaats…

First results (humidity / door / temp sensors) are easily added to homey via the Xiaomi Gateway Hub… Don’t wait any longer for the Zigbee Rewrite update of Homey :slight_smile:

I have been struggling to connect my Xiaomi Gateway to Homey. And failed…
Om the Home Assistant forum I found the reason (my gateway’s MAC is mentioned…)

Source: https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/xiaomi_aqara

If your gateway’s MAC address starts with 04:CF:8C or 7C:49:EB , there is a good chance that the required port 9898 is closed on your gateway (you can check it with the Nmap utility, using the command sudo nmap -sU {gateway_ip} -p 9898 ). To fix that issue, you need to do these steps:

• Find a specific screw bit (like a fork) to open the gateway case.
  • Find a USB-UART cable/module and connect it to your computer.
  • Solder 3 wires - RX, TX and GND like here.
  • Turn on the gateway (220V).
  • Open a serial terminal application (e.g., PuTTY) and connect to the serial port assigned to the USB-UART module (baudrate: 115200).
  • Wait until the gateway is booted up, connect the RX, TX and GND wires to the UART module (don’t connect the Vcc (power) wire!).
  • You will see all the messages from the gateway.
  • Send the command psm-set network open_pf 3 (the command has to end with a CR newline character).
  • Check your settings executing the command psm-get network open_pf to be sure it’s OK.
  • Restart the gateway.
1 Like

Yes, probably this solve your problem. My gateways works perfect whit HA and homey.
Here a video (in spanish, but easy to understand):

1 Like

Hi there is there a way to add the gateway itself as a device? Want to use it in flows;

• Alarm
  • doorbell
  • voice response, eg. “alarm enabled” After pressing button

It has a play tone card, so I think you can do what you want, but only using the tones that come by default. (it has a bell and an alarm)

Hmmm or I am overseeing this, or indeed to install an app other than soundboard?

You can install soundboard to use your sounds.

The gateway device was removed from app because made some changes and it was not reliable than. Since the api is not public i think we wont get it back. Use soundboard app and upload your sounds to homey.

@ Maxmudjon Any plans to add ZhiMi Mi fan?
Xiaomi Mi Smart Fan 2

Hi,
A\Has anybody been busy with the soldering?
I have done it and port 9898 is open now, still the Xiaomi Mi Home app doesn’t see the sensors connected to the hub. When I try to add them is states “no new devices found”
Port is open as you can see.
Anybody any thoughts?

Just curious; this item is about Mi Homey app; Is this the same app?

Sorry, just sorted everything out.
Installed the Mi Homey from Github and everything works now :slight_smile: