Meross App Support

Forgot to say, if you garage door has two contacts that can connect to a button to toggle open/close it will work, you can programme open/close times in the App and Sensor is straightforward to fit on most doors.
Darrell

Hi Darrell.

I’m having the same problem, the meross app is working fine and the garagedoor opens and closes while i get notified that the door is open/closed.

But in homey it will not find my device.

Google home finds it
Smartthings samsung finds it

I’ve read that it not works for u, how did you make it appear/get found in homey app?

Cheers
Danyal
What should i do to

Danyal
I’ve sent you a message with link to test version which seems to have solved the issue - I don’t think the App has been updated in live yet.
Darrell.

1 Like

Thanks Darrell, it works!:smiling_face::smiling_face::smiling_face:

Hi Darrell, I have the same problem,

Can you please send me the link as well?

Many thanks in advance.

Greetings Ben

Happy to get that link as well as I bought and set up the MSG100 today :slight_smile:

Thanks for the access to experimental. It works fine in general - it would be awesome if the nice open/close images on the device was available as status indicators or something similar.

One small note on the MSG100 and Homekit.
My garagedoor takes approximately 16s to close, so the default value of 15 states that there was a timeout / the door was blocked from being close. If updating in the Meross App to e.g. 20s there is plenty of time and it works as expected for Meross App + Homey. Homekit however keeps considering this as “blocked” giving a warning.

I did a test by stopping the gate midway (by starting to close when it’s being opened) and then started to close it again. Regardless of which app (Homey, Meross or Homekit) that closed from halv-open to closed it took now roughly 8 seconds and “reset:ed” the alarm Homekit displays. I assume this is a bug on Meross side that the adjustment of timer isn’t correctly mapped to homekit and/or not updated so I will reach out to them for that. Not a major issue for me but perhaps good to be aware of if you are considering buying it and is allergic to Homekit warning-icons :slight_smile:

Hi, could you please sent me the link to the experimental which has MSG100 support. Also having trouble finding the opener in the App

Viktor
If you want to ping me your email, I’ll cc you my message to Meross Support as I’ve been following up on the open/close status bits.

I had to up the time on my to 25 (slow garage door!!!) and all worked fine but not been using Homekit as I’m using Alexa for voice control and that works fine. I would have thought you could adjust that in Homekit but not really had much expereince with Homekit.

Cheers
Darrell

Done

2 Likes

I installed the Meross Smart Garage Opener today and Homey Pro early 2023 can’t find it. It seems you guys have a workaround. Can you tell me more about it and send me a link to the solution? Thank you very much!

I’m having the same problem. MSG100 installed and working properly with Meross iPhone app, but Homey Pro can’t find it at as device. Can you please send me the info to get the experimental update for Meross that will recognize the device in Homey Pro? Thanks.

Hello me too it’s exactly the same things

I’m having the same problem. MSG100 installed and working properly with Meross iPhone app, but Homey Pro can’t find it at as device. Can you please send me the info to get the experimental update for Meross that will recognize the device in Homey Pro? Thanks.

… same here.

Tried MSL430 mood light, MSL120 E27 bulb, MSS310(EU) smart plug.
Could make them work in Meross app but Homey does not find anything.
could anyone post here once the Meross update is available, please?

Hello Darrell, I have the same problem,

Can you please send me the link as well?

Many thanks in advance.

Greetings Roger

It would be great to have an official meross app for homey pro. Meross provide a wide range of cheap domotic devices. The actual community app support a very small part of meross ranges and is not actively maintained. I contacted the author many times without any answer. I have more than 8 meross devices waiting to be supported in order to create automations to my house.

Shame, I bought an homey to stop asking myself the question about supported devices and, finally, I have the same problem than with other devices with some important devices unsupported :confused:

Hi Darrell,
Could you please send me the test version as well? Thank you!

Hi
I’ve had so many requests, I’ll add the link here for the test version, please note this is test/experimental version and not live yet.

Everyone that has tested so far says it has worked for the MSG100 Garage Door opener (it also worked for me for the newer Meross Smart Plugs).

The only issue I’ve found is the home page icon doesnt allow you to open/close or reflect current status, you have to press and hold then select open or close etc. I’m speaking to support about this as App designer said this is a Homey issue and not App issue - I’ll keep you posted in this thread.

Here is the link, hope it helps:

Meross | Homey

If you need to contact App support the email is: meross@palatinnet.hu

(I’ve been speaking to Bence Palatin who has been really helpful although there is a little wait for a repsonse).

Thanks
Darrell

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your help!!!

Hi
I do not know if there will be an official App or not but I am suprised with such a good range of products there isn’t - fingers crossed. The Community one is good but I appreciate a lot of devices are missing. I would try emailing Bence at Meross App Support as they do respond (allbeit a little slow) and have recently added some devices several of us requested and all works well.

I’m not sure what other devices you have issues with but I would suggest working with support and looking at your devices. I was a little concerned when I first started a few months back and wondered if I made the right decision but now have a very stable Homey platform with 123 devices and loads of flows running daily. All very stable and currently been up for over a month without a reboot. I have curtains, blinds, AV, door locks, plugs, switches, Alexa’s, garden irrigation, weather station and various sensors. All works very well and in fact after a few small changes, the only device I have that isn’t compatible is the Smarter Kettle but I’m sorting of making progress via IFTTT to add that in.

Once you start using it the Advanced Flow is amazing!!

Hope that helps to give you more confidence in the Homey Pro and their are loads of users here that will jump in and help you where possible.

Cheers
Darrell