Maximum direct Zigbee device in Homey Pro and Homey Bridge

I am every time so amazed by the vagueness of the solutions in problems with Zigbee. And it always seems.

My Homey is in the attic. Routers are strategically placed throughout the house on all three levels. And outside. My guess is that every EndDevice is within 3 meters of a router, with or without a brick wall.

And to be honest, you can measure a piece of string… so is Zigbee a shitty protocol, is homey using bad hard- and software or …

I have 75 Zigbee devices (53 end devices, 22 router devices), 36 Aqara, 21 IKEA, 14 Tuya and some others. Furthest device (in terms of how far it’s located from its nearest router) is an Aqara vibration sensor inside the letter box, which is at about 12m away from the house. I use 4 Aqara sensors outdoors (sheltered from direct rain, but not much more otherwise).

I’m using zigbee2mqtt using a Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 Plus-P dongle.

And it’s rock solid. The only issues that occur happen when a device’s battery is running out.

Same for me with 100+ devices from 5 brands, i have one problem but athom is aware of that, but otherwise rock solid. Only thing that happens sometimes is that after an update or restart of homey some devices don’t work the first hour or so, but this fixes it self and if i want to speed thing up i powercyle these devices.