LG ThinQ ON AI home hub: A familiar looking device…

@robertklep I think it should be 159. Because if this Hub is the same as Homey bridge, it only can do cloud apps :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

checked that, but there’s no app which is only cloud and not local.

1 Like

It will be more like Homey Pro :wink:

1 Like

I just hope you equipped it with 8-16 GB of RAM at least …

So it will be a Verified Homey Pro? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

How to Jailbreak that one :thinking:

2 Likes

Info from IFA on LG ThinQ ON AI

• Only to be released in Korea (Not expected for the European or US market)
  • Similar as Homey Pro, but ONLY Official Apps. (No Community Apps.)
2 Likes

Nice, guess I can add Korean to the list of un-understandable languages in the diagnostic report descriptions … :joy:

1 Like

So why would you present the device at an International consumer/electronics show? :thinking:

I guess the “1,000 apps” was a little lie oversight then.

Does Shelly have such a strong presence in South-Korea? :stuck_out_tongue:

And when can we expect the Shelly app’s Korean internationalisation? :wink:

Seems we got the picture wrong, the presentation on the wall is about Homey Pro, it’s not about LG ThinQ ON AI - that was another presentation, shortly shown on the video…

LGHomeyPro

2 Likes

So, from the app point of view, it’s just the Homey cloud + a small part of the Homey bridge, only with Matter+Wifi, in a white box with some LG gadgets on top.
Called Homey G from now on :stuck_out_tongue:

“it will be more like Homey Pro”

Yeah, remember when a 512MB Homey suddenly was called Homey Pro? They call every device just Homey Pro :rofl:

2 Likes

Fair point. Both Shelly and DoorBird aren’t I guess. Makes you wonder which official apps are actually interesting for the Korean market … :thinking:

That’s why I don’t think it’s going to be a Korean-market-only device :wink: It might get an initial release in Korea only, but it doesn’t make sense to me to limit it to that market.

This is brand-new, powerful hardware that can run parts of the AI directly on the device itself. In addition to supporting Matter, Thread, and Wi-Fi, it also includes Zigbee :wink:

They’re likely to start competing with us in markets beyond Korea. In the EU, for example, people associate Homey with smart homes, whereas ThinQ is just ‘the app that came with my washing machine.’ The situation is entirely different in Korea.

“They”? “Us”? :thinking:

If LG were to launch their ThinQ On hub in the Netherlands, for example, they would become a competitor to us, Homey.

I guess I misunderstood the news about LG acquiring Athom. I would think there’s no “they”, just “us” :stuck_out_tongue: