LG ThinQ ON AI home hub: A familiar looking device…

I can’t help think that Athom were doing work for LG, long before the acquisition had been done….

4 Likes

Yeah, you would think so :shushing_face:

2 Likes

Also noticed by @ralfvd on Slack:

And for the Dutch Readers :

(With links to two small LG Matter Devices on the https://csa-iot.org/ site LG Smart Button (2 Button) and LG Door and Window Sensor)

and including speaker and “LG” AI, wow. That was indeed “fast”. :+1:
Now LG, literally, starts to listen :upside_down_face:

We don’t yet know how much the ThinQ ON will cost or when it will be available. We’ve contacted LG for more details and will be at IFA next week to see the new device in person.

Wonder if it’s still CM4 based and utilizing Athom ecosystem / apps etc.

2 Likes

This in Abe’s description looks more like a Bridge 2.0 :wink:
(Maybe operates also standalone? )
but able to connect to Homey (Homey Pro) and provide Matter ++ AI ?

1 Like

Who knows :eyes:

I’ll have a look if we can touch upon the subject in the next episode of the podcast

4 Likes

Funny to see this. I was thinking exactly the same. Even said it in the Hdashboards discord yesterday.

Some shots from IFA :stuck_out_tongue: (pictures from Youtube)

3 Likes

Not sure why it says “1,000+ Hub apps” when @Doekse just said that only verified apps will be made available on the Thinq ON. I can’t imagine that there are more than 1000 of those :thinking:

1 Like

@robertklep I wonder what the specs are. I see they added Powerview to the apps on the wall. however Powerview is local LAN only.

1 Like

It would be very similar to a Homey Pro in terms of hardware, I would imagine.

FWIW, “Furon”:

1 Like

Yeah I wonder :eyes:

The app store has 935 apps in total :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Including SDK2 ? :upside_down_face:

It’s the number of apps that I can get to load on the app store, so I assume that list also contains SDK2 apps. But even if they weren’t counted, the LG Homey won’t support them so it would be a bit, um, dishonest to count them anyway.

verifiedApps: 219
cloudApps: 159
localApps: 935

This also includes SDK2 apps

3 Likes

So should be then ~1000 apps*

(*specific rules might apply and the count might be changing over time)

:wink:

Enough jokes - I meant - that number is simply wrong.

2 Likes

Yeah, and “localApps” also includes both “verifiedApps” and “cloudApps” (assuming that there aren’t any apps that are exclusively cloud).

You start to wonder if “more than 50,000 supported devices” isn’t true either… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It should be “~219 apps*”, because @Doekse said only verified apps will run on the LG Homey.

2 Likes