Does Homey support Matter and Treath already?

Hi everyone,

I’m quite new to Homey and building my smart home. I just read a post that Matter support is here and devices should work without any apps. Does someone have experience with that, does it work well?

Besides that, I read that Tread support will come in Q4, but already works if you have another border router. I have the Nest Hub, so that should work. Is someone using Tread based sensors already in this way?

Yes and No

also see the Firmware changelog: Homey Pro (Early 2023) Changelog | Homey

and No

Thread
During the No Compromises keynote, we planned to enable Thread (a new wireless technology used for Matter) in Q3. But we didn’t. So why didn’t we deliver? Without wanting to point fingers, it does come down to three external parties.

Thanks for your answer. Does that mean I can use for example a Tread door sensor if I have my Nest Hub linked to my homey account?

Thread isn’t yet available on Homey Pro (Early 2023) as you can read in the Blog and I quoted above.

See this article: “Thread support for Homey Pro (Early 2023) is expected to be released in Q4 of 2023. For now, in order to pair Matter devices that use Thread, it is required to have another Thread Border Router on your Wi-Fi network (e.g. Apple HomePod Mini, Google Nest Hub 2, etc…).

Why we couldn't ship Thread in 2023 — Behind the Magic | Homey

and

Homey Pro (Early 2023) Changelog | Homey

v10.3.0-rc.5 image

Matter

• Adds ability to pair a Matter device using the Homey Web App.

Thread

• Enables Homey Pro’s Thread radio.

Zigbee

• Updates Zigbee firmware to support Thread.
1 Like