Let Homey start something via Google Home

Good morning all,

I have a question regarding Google Home interacting with Homey.
When I ask Google (nest) to start vacuum cleaning, it works. Ofcourse, people using a Homey, want to automate this and not have to ask it everytime (writing this reminds me that I’m getting quite lazy…).
Is it possible to create a flow, that starts the vacuum cleaner? It’s a Blaupunkt Xboost (named ‘Smart Life’ in Google, named ‘Bluebot’ in the Appstore), and there seems to be no app for the Homey for it.

Thanks!

Bram

EDIT: If you haven’t yet, install the mobile Tuya Smart app, and pair the vacuumrobot.
At Homey, install Tuya Cloud app.
You should be able to control the robot by using so called tap-to-run scenes.
All relevant info can be found here!

To let Homey control Ggl Home:
The only odd way (until now) is to let Homey speak through one Google Assistant enabled device using the Ggl TTS app, and having 2 GA enabled devices in one room.
The text to use:
Okay google, okay, YourVoiceCommand

Hi Peter,
Thanks for your reply! Will definitely use that app someday. I just solved my issue a different way. Was struggling with it for a few weeks, posted on this forum and got it solved in a few minutes…

For the people having the same problem:
In the ‘bluebot’ app, create a ‘tap-to-run’-scene:

In Homey, create a flow which starts the vacuum.

In the IFTTT app, create applet.
If flow starts, then start the Bluebot Scene

Whenever the flow runs in Homey, the vacuum cleaner will start cleaning.

Thanks again, Peter!

1 Like

Hi BvI,

How is your experience with IFTTT in combination with the Bluebot app? Can you initiate different vacuum cleaning procedures from Homey? The procedures are then prepared in the Bluebot app? Can you trigger them by name? So you are not using the mentioned Tuya app?

Thanks in advance for your response!
Patrick

I don’t get why IFTTT is used, while the Tuya Cloud app can trigger the scenes:

Also check this out, no scenes needed, Homey can have direct communication by a Tuya version of mqtt

Thanks Peter,

What I aim for is to start specific vacuum actions from Homey. E.g. clean kitchen (vacuum & mop) or clean hallway (just vacuum).

I will dive into this in a few months from now, just a recap to verify with you:

• Download smartphone Tuya Smart app
  • Add the device (Blaupunkt Extreme in my case) to that app
  • Try to set/create tap-to-run scenes in that app which are ‘action cards’ for specific functions (e.g. mop kitchen)
  • In Homey use for an action (then…) the ‘Execute…scene’ from the Tuya Cloud app
  • In that card you can choose from a set of scenes which are set/defined in the Tuya mobile app

The more complex part will be adding the Blaupunkt to Tuya Smart, but I will focus on that separately.

Best regards,
Patrick

Yes, that seems pretty accurate, Patrick!