Lamellas - run down and then tilt

Hi all
can someone help me with this: I want to have a button that starts a simple flow: put my lamellas all the way down, and THEN tilt them to 50%
however if i sequence the cards they start running down, then instantly stop and tilt.
so the next card does not wait until they ran all the way down.
how do I do this correctly (not entering a delay in seconds - that would be a bad workaround in my eyes)

somfy motors integrated over a tahoma box

As Homey controls the lamellas via the TaHoma box, you first have to found out if this box detects the up and down status of the lamellas. If the TaHoma box is not capable of wat you want, Homey can’t eighter.
That is also depending upon the use of RTS or IO.

there is a status - however the problem is that the flow runs right through it and does not wait until its done

You need to split this into two flows: one that sets the position to 0%, and one that waits until the status is “Unten” and then sets the “Neigung”.

if that card is a RTS card, the status will be “down” as soon as the command “go down” is given.
Well, that is easy to check.

and how do i start that 2nd flow? the status “unten” is an “and” card
Maybe my brain is farting but I don’t see a logic on how to trigger this then after the motion is done with a 2nd flow (also not triggering EVERY time the status is unten but only after this button is pressed - i don’t want to tilt them all time…)

@Rmb for me in testing it looks like the status is unten only when its all the way down

In that case you have to search for “When the status has changed”.
By the way, discussion is easier when you tell which device you use in the TaHoma app, as it limits the number of cards.

Then you to make a extra flow for sending your lamellas down and test in the flow for tilting which flow has sent them down. Can be done by setting a parameter “Tilting” to yes.

as I said it’s a somfy motor - these are all the when cards

So you are saying I have to use position has changed (hoping it triggers after finishing to run) but then I have to somehow find out what changed the position (which button) to know if I have to tilt or not? so I also have to use a variable writing in which button was pressed or something?

There are Somfy IO and Somphy RTS controlled motors.
As I understood you want to be able to send your lamellas down and you want to send them down ánd tilt them. So you need two buttons to trigger 2 different flows. Both flows will send the lamellas down. The first flow will also set the parameter “Tilting” to NO, the second flow to YES. Then in the flow for tilting, that is hopefully triggered when the lamellas are down, you only tilt when this parameter “Tilting” is TRUE.
There might be smarter ways to do so, but this one will do the job.

it’s somfy IO

hm ok this works, can I somehow have a Variable that stores the xx% of tilt I want instead of yes / no and hardcode it? using number does not seem to work…
grafik

also just to be clear this means flows are not really flowing but EVERY then card happens at the same time after a trigger and not in a sequence as you can draw it in a flow (not really logical for me)?

The parameter “Tilting” just defines if you have to send a Tilt command or not. The parameter “neiging” is a number from 1 to 100 or between 0 and 1, for example 0.4 (or maybe 0,4). When you push the “i” on the card there might be some info what to use.
Using advanced flows, you have a canvas on which you draw one or more flows and every flow starts with a trigger. (By the way: Homey should use the “create new canvas” in stead of “create new flow”. When a canvas contains one flow, it looks like a canvas is identical to a flow, but it is not.) You cannot do it in one flow as the connected cards execute one after each other and the tilt command will be executed immediately after the command to lower your lamellas have been sent. But you can put all the flows on one canvas.

its between 1 and 100 but when i put 40 with a variable like you see below the above error comes…

As I have no TaHoma box, I cannot figure that out. You have to experiment to find the right format.
You might be able to get an idea of the format required by reading the tag for tilting using a logic card.

When you use the card “Position hat sich geändert” and “Neigung einstellen auf X” does it not need a card AND “Position ist…”.
Because when the lamellas are moving the position is already changed.
And have you searched in the Somfy Tahoma topic?
https://community.homey.app/t/app-cloud-pro-somfy-tahoma-connexoon-v4-0-81-test-v4-0-84/35206/2174

The Tahoma box is event driven. So when a command is sent to move a blind, it is acknowledged as soon as it has been received and the motion is started at some point after that. At the point it is acknowledged the command completes. If the app was to wait for it to reach the required position, the Flow card would most likely time out as the command would take to long.
So, as @robertklep suggested, it would need two Flows, one to start the Lammellas moving and a second one that triggers when it reaches the desired position that tilts it.

1 Like

yes this is working, however what is strange is that i can set the tilt to a certain number like 40 by dragging the slider and that works, but if I use a number variable set to 40 it gets me that error…

Just read the current tilting with the corresponding tag. Or try some different formats or read the “i”.

Try “0.4”

Again, @robertklep is correct. The capability is a percentage and Homey converts the 0 to 100 to 0 to 1. In the app I have to do the same conversions. That is an internal quirk of Homey.