Is Google Nest support still wanted?

I have written the same for my own learning use. It is integrated for camera, doorbell, and thermostat. with triggers for snapshots and pictures inthe device for last chime, person, sound and motion. Also a trigger for last person seen anywhere.

Setup of subscription to NEST events thru PubSub is done within the app itself as well. Same Google SDM fee and terms apply.
Busy tidying up, still some small issues, will share later on.

Examples of setup and device

The app will guide you thru the setup of NEST and GCP setup needed for the app to work…

8 Likes

If possible, should be nice. I have a Nest Thermostat V3

1 Like

Yess please. Want my Google Hello to trigger events as light etc. Is it possible some how without beeing a pro?

Bro that looks reaaaaally nice. If your code works well I don’t see why I should finish mine :smile:

Yes, very much yes! I’m using several Nest devices (Hello, Protect, thermostat) and really misses integration with Homey.

Maybe you could team up with Martin Verbeek and make the best does ever? :wink:

1 Like

It will take me a few days to push a clean version to Github, should be available around Wednesday for testing through developer install/run

3 Likes

I will test it straight away. Just out of curiousity; did you find a way to reconnect to pub/sub after a fail (or homey internet disconnection?) I currently solved this by unsubscribing and subscribing every 15 minutes (doesn’t cost anything extra)

I was looking into this as well some time ago. I thought there was a local devices API that doesn’t need a developer fee. Not sure if this was to integrate Nest devices in other eco systems or the other way around, though.

I think this was it: Device Access  |  Google Developers

Yes please, same for me, would love thermostat support :grinning:
Already bought the device access console stuff.

I would love to have nest thermostat and protect support for Homey!
Have been waiting for this a long time.
Good luck in developing the app.

This is the exact API we use. It cost $5 to get into the device registration screen. It’s a one time fee though.

Waiting eagerly to test the code :smiley:

Yes please. It would be great to have the Nest Thermostat integrated again!
Please keep us informed…:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

:rofl:. Alrighty then… I guess I should have payed more attention when read it. Having to pay for it, even a one time payment, just seemed so strange as a user.
Anyhow, I’d love to see an app for this.

I modified a Coolcam door sensor and soldered a 12v relais to the Nest Hello chime module to link the doorbell to Homey :grin:. So count me in if you need help testing :+1:

Keep up the great work, we need this.

Hi, I have send you an email with link for test install.

For subscribing I do not have that problem, subscribed to a push endpoint that points to homey webhook, always works. I hope :crossed_fingers:

Send who an email? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m very interested. I have 2 Nest IQ outdoor, 1 IQ indoor camera and a Nest Hello. It would be great when there will be an app for Homey.

Can you put it on the community store ?