Insight graphs

very handy, Insights! realy usefull and a great idea! now perfect it by making some different styles of graphs. for example energy readings is just a spike in a graph, it is more usefull to see the total amount of energy used over a day or other period. the same goes for gas usage, just make a bar graph?

1 Like

well it could be, but want to hear your thoughts. most of the time ideas already been posted or discussed somewhere else.

it is all just the same graph, anyone got more ideas for other devices registering crucial information?

my plugwise P1 only records the total amount of energy over time and the actual energy consumed at the time, no days/weeks/months.
the fibaro plugs do the same.

1 Like

Well it records it but i have to add everything in order to get a reading over a day or month. Would really like it to be a daily use kind of graph just like toon or the plugwise app for example

Not sure what you mean by that, but my Plugwise shows every possible graph i want. Hour, day, week, month, all of it. Or do you mean that Insights doesn’t record or shows that?

Yes the plugwise app does it the way i like insights to show it. But with all statistics. Like fibaro plugs

With the exported .csv files you can use Excel to make any graph type you like. So also bar graphs :slight_smile:

You’re right. That isn’t available in Insights indeed.

Insights page is great but it is just not practical for quick overview of energy usage or temperature history for example on mobile. You need to close the app, open browser and them search for device to display the graph… So make graphs available under each device in the mobile App. Don’t know why this basic feature is not implememted. All the “mobile first” talk but in the end everything is scatered all over the place…

2 Likes

I use insights quite frequently and it disturbs me that you can’t zoom-in, zoom-out, collate (two or more graphs in one), change scales etc. etc.
I even have a graph with negative values and there is no line at the zero. Witch makes it hard to read.
I used to have a Domoticz setup before moving to Homey. And Domoticz has way better graph capabilities. @Athom please take a look at Domoticz graphs and upgrade the capabilities of Homey Insights…!
Please make the insights useful…
Example of my negative graph:

4 Likes

As mentioned

This is a community forum and your posts, questions and suggestions will not be read by Athom. You can read more about this here Welcome to the forum.

For support or issue resolution, first have a look at https://support.athom.com and if you cant find an answer there then you create a new ticket here https://support.athom.com/hc/requests/new.

If you need help in how to create a support request you can find more information here.

insight graphs and value are less accurate over time, when looking at one day the values are correct, viewing the same reading in a weekly graph the value is less. so over time it will be less accurate. contacted Athom with this fact but they say they won’t do anything about it. if you want accurate readings you can export the data yourself.

This was changed to prevent storage problems by storing unlimited amounts of data from a lot of sensors (potentially).
Besides Athom says you don’t really need the information from a certain sensor from 6 months back at 14:05 (which to me also makes sense).

Then again: it would be nice to have some kind of an automatic export so the data is available once you do decide you need it…

in my case i use the insights for electricity and “mysterious” spikes are lost in longer than 6 hour export, because of “averaging” of the data. So i’d like to see them in for example a week or month overview. it would be handy data to see if i can relate it to a certain device, when did they start etc how many times a day pattern etc.
so an automatic hour export to file , server , etc would be very handy. Now i run the metering through domoticz where I can see this data. but this way i need an extra device …:frowning:

Same problem here, its worth nothing like that. I don’t like the fact I have to export them myself turning it in to a graph. I paid 400 euros for a pcb with some antennas and a plastic shell. Most of the community makes the software so what does a few kilobytes do to a server. Just store the damn data

well i might be wrong, but I think all the data is stored in the homey. because of privacy etc… and the insights retrieves this from your homey? so in that case if you have a lot of analog sensors with high update rate and run it for some time… it might become a storage issue

That is correct.

Just use https://apps.athom.com/app/com.gruijter.insights2csv
You can schedule an export via flowcard every hour :kissing_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Indeed, when viewing more than “the last hour” these oscillations make the graph completely noninformative. A simple moving average would increase its readability significantly.

Or export the needed sensor values to a SQL database. Check the examples if it fits to your needs. This way you can react on a sensor change and export it with a INSERT Sql statement in the flow THEN part using current time and date as additional columns.

1 Like