[Info] Homey - Homey Bridge - Homey Pro Maximums / Limitations

Thanks for checking, Geurt.

Well… that’s a bit odd indeed .
So the app install routine is not aware of a bridge, and doesn’t say up front, in case of f.i. a zigbee app: “Buy a Bridge now!”, and provide for a direct link to the Athom store to speed up the sales :grin::wink:

Please explain to me, when one should buy a Pro or the cloud solution with a bridge.
I get it that one owns the hardware vs paying a subscription fee but otherwise I cannot see the major difference but that the latter is new technology.

1 Like

The Cloud/Bridge is an entry-level home automation solution, it works with most popular brands (at least popular in NL/EU) and is cheap. It’s also limited: apps that provide support for local networked devices, or offer useful tools (timers, logging, database support, Homeyscript, Homekit, etc), are not supported by the Cloud/Bridge (and probably will never be supported).

There’s also a dependency on a good stable internet connection. If you don’t have one, you may run into automation issues with Cloud/Bridge because nothing is run locally.

If you want a (mostly) local solution that supports all Homey apps, you need a Homey Pro.

3 Likes

At the Beta status page, the list of available apps has been added
https://homey.app/en-us/wiki/homey-beta-status/

Found a big issue!
Maximum number of FlowFolders reached: 50
Very low limit, for infinite flows allowed?

not sure it is a big issue, as with 50 Flow Folders someone according to Athom probably falls in the Pro users category.
Where did you find the "infinite flows allowed? " as I don’t remember where that is said by Athom and I personally also expect that is somewhere limited in Homey (cloud).

Have you already reported your Issue to Athom here The new Homey — Beta Status | Homey

I can confirm that at this moment there is a 50 FlowFolder limit in Homey (cloud) that isn’t in Homey Pro (local) (tested up to 135 folders)

I am very curious how you organize your Flows / use FlowFolders

Will move your message as it relates more to the Topic [Info] Homey - Homey Bridge - Homey Pro Maximums / Limitations
Also updated the Opening post.

Where did you find “only 50 flow folders allowed”? What other Cloud limits should users expect?

• “The number of characters in a flow name is limited to 13”?
  • “The number of logic variables you can create is 5”?
  • “The “The time is” flow card trigger will always start 59 seconds too late”

Oh wait, the last one also applies to Homey Pro.

2 Likes

As stated in my opening post, a couple of things are not specified by Athom.
For FlowFolders, I Just tested it to confirm it for Homey (cloud) but this limit isn’t in Pro up to my test of ~136 flowfolders.

So it’s perfectly reasonable for people to complain when they find out there’s apparently a limit of 50 flow folders for Homey Cloud. It also doesn’t make any sense to impose such a limit, because flow folders aren’t functional (limiting the number of flows otoh would make more sense, and I’m sure those are also limited, it’s just that no one has hit that limit yet. But these limits should be known to users before they decide to choose Homey Cloud over the Pro).

1 Like

I hope you directed this to Athom and also send this to them by contacting support or on slack.

Why? They are reading this forum to pick up requests, ideas and worries from users, don’t they? Ideas / Feature Requests (New info 2021)

1 Like

I just ran into the limit. Organization is key. I have about 80 devices in my homey cloud/bridge.
Not willing to count the number of flows, maybe three in average per device. Zones help a lot by grouping devices.
Waiting for more apps published to add more.
Of course i reported it, via the beta issue form.

1 Like

No need to, just run the example script on the developer webAPI playground

I had no clue, but I just counted 90 flow-folders on my Pro, with ~500 flows.
A max. of 50 folders is a bit low imho.

Now I’m curious if there’s a zone limit too…

1 Like

Hey all! These limits are to be tweaked, and they’re mainly there to prevent programmatic abuse (imagine a misconfigured web api script in a loop).

3 Likes

You don’t trust Athom’s own developers? :wink:

2 Likes

Don’t know the new limit but it has been raised, let’s build more.
Homey bridge is still great now stress test it even more :smiling_imp:

Hi,

I have a question regarding homey premium.

Can I use 1 premium account for 2 different ”homes” with 1 homey bridge in each home?

I sent to use one account for my home incl bridge + summer house incl bridge.

When will all the APP that is in Homey Pro be avaliable in the Bridge versjon? No the system is useless. I have only Netatmo and HUE that is avaliable. No Mill, Sensibo, Solis, Tibber, BluOS etc etc….

Not gonna happen.