IKEA Trådfri smart-curtains (FYRTUR and KADRILJ)

Would be possible if the gw app support the blinds

You mean u can control the blind with both the control and Homey?

If the blinds were to be supported, yes

No, it is not. Once the blind connected to homey, you cannot use the remote control anymore. So it is either the ikea remote control or homey; you cannot have both of them.
I hope this helps.
Br,
G.

If my auntie had balls, she would have been my uncle.
But she hasn’t. Therefor she isn’t.

Nor is the gateway supported.
Nor can you use the Ikea remote control once connected to Homey.

Sorry for the blunt language, but let’s be crystal clear about possibilities & restraints.

1 Like

That’s just bs there. There is the GW app (https://apps.athom.com/app/com.ikea.tradfri.gateway), if you have that connected to homey and it would be possible to import the blinds if they would be supported by the app. That way you can control the blinds by both the remote and homey.

Same goes for the normal remote of ikea. Isn’t supported by homey, because of the limitations of the zigbee implementation. But with the GW app you can import the lightbulbs and still control them by using the remote AND control the lights through the GW app with Homey.

The problem with the gw app is it isn’t actively developed anymore. Nothing anyone can do about that. It uses the node-tradfri-client (https://github.com/AlCalzone/node-tradfri-client), which has been updated to support the blinds, but the gw app isn’t.

1 Like

OK,
So it is possible to control the blinds with homey (through the gateway app) and still use the standard remote control as supplied with the blinds after all?

I am really sorry, I did not know this. Having read through the topic, I honestly thought it wasn’t possible. I just couldn’t find a topic (or app documentation) cleartly stating it was possible. Hence, by deduction, I assumed it wasn’t possible. My mistake. Again, sorry for this.

Now that I know it is possible after all, I am leaving now for Ikea and will go and fetch me five Fyrturs.
I will buy the five stores for the upstairs bedrooms, a gateway. €832,00 investment in my bedroom decoration. Will keep you posted.

Thank you for your feedback!

No, that’s not what he’s saying. He is saying that if the gateway app would have support for the blinds (which it doesn’t at the moment) you would still be able to control the blinds using the remote.

1 Like

Euh, so, back to my previous comment:

If my auntie had balls, she would have been my uncle.
But she hasn’t. Therefor she isn’t.

The gateway app isn’ t supported anymore.
You cannot combine the Ikea remote control with Homey.

Bummer This means I will not go to Ikea this afternoon…

#fyrturisconfusingme

Technically it’s possible to control the blinds directly using both Homey and the remote if you pair the blinds with the gateway and use the gateway app. That isn’t possible if the blinds are paired with Homey. That’s what @Martijn_Hoogenbosch is trying to say, and he’s right about that.

Practically speaking, the gateway app doesn’t support blinds at the moment.

1 Like

OK, thank you for your feedback.
So, technically, I could have bought them. But it wouldn’t have been possible to pair both (Fyrtur + remote) of them with Homey.

Therefor, I should not go to Ikea at the moment?

And if someone would be willing to take over the project for the GW app :wink: and would integrate the new node tradfri modules it would be possible and that someone would make both @Jan_Peeters and me very happy.

Because i totally agree with him, having the blinds without the remote is not very convenient.

Correct.

Not if you want to control the blinds using Homey. You could buy a gateway and use the IKEA mobile app, though.

OK, thank you.
Of course I could; but then I wouldn’t be posting/reading the homey forum…

Here’s my experience with Fyrtur:

I have added Fyrtur to Homey. It works very well! I can control it from Homey and/or the Home app via HomeyKit.

I can not control it with the included IKEA Remote. However, I can control it via any of my physical remotes paired with Homey.

I think it works great!

1 Like

Yes, that’s a reasonable solution, although you won’t be able to control your blinds if Homey is acting up or your remote’s go out of range (from Homey).

True, but Fyrtur has physical buttons on the motor that can be used in those cases:)

Ah, the old-fashioned way :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: