IKEA Trådfri smart-curtains (FYRTUR and KADRILJ)

@RonnO

this is still in alpha stadium, but it’s certainly worth a try

Unfortunately this didn’t work either. I was able to connect the signaalversterker/signal repeater, but then it stopped. No curtain found.

So, Athom finally release support for this, and when i install it, it breaks the connection to the remote, making that thing useless. And you can also only make the curtain go up and down all the way, can’t stop it midway?. Is Athom kidding us with this…

1 Like

That’s how Zigbee works. By pairing the curtains with Homey, they become part of a different Zigbee network. Unless you are able to also pair the remote with Homey, it’s either the remote or Homey, but not both.

1 Like

GIT says that below is supported ,

Supported functionality:

• Moving blinds up and down to a relative percentage using a dim slider
  • Displaying current battery levels

Yeah, i meant, is it possible set a fixed percentage for it? So that you can just push a button

Am I the only one who has problems with connecting Fyrtur to Homey?
Homey says: “Push both buttons until the LED starts blinking.”
I can only to get it pulsating fast for +/- 2 seconds. After this it goes off and than it starts pulsating very slowly but it doesn’t connect to Homey.

make an virtual device, just a button. and an flow if button is pressed go to/dim to percentage.

1 Like

Yes i know, please stop proving me wrong, i was tired and mad when i wrote my post, can’t u let a man rant in peace​:smiley::smiley:

2 Likes

Is your Fyrtur in reach of Homey (directly or via Zigbee repeaters)? When it’s pairing the LED on the Fyrtur should be on solidly.

Eventually I succeeded, I fully charged the battery, rested the Fyrtur (5 sec both buttons) than when it automatically wanted to pair started pairing on the Homey.

My experience is that the blinds don’t seem to have good ZigBee range. Hence maybe why they have included a repeater.

O.K., so the obvious question:
Is it possible to pair the FYRTUR / KADRILJ remote to homey? Can’t find it in the Ikea app.
Maybe as a “virtual device” or “generic zigbee” device"?
Something should technically be possible since the remote itself is also a zigbee-node.

Can someone test / confirm?

1 Like

Based on the fact that the simple “on/off” button (that one gets with the Trådfri power plug) is still not part of the Trådfri range in Homey, I’d say no.

I’ve sent request to include the remote in Ikea app long time ago but most likely I was the only one requesting it. Send an request to athom to include it in supported devices. The more of us ask the faster they will add it.

I think it’s more a technical issue, where the remote required functionality that the current Zigbee implementation on Homey doesn’t support.

1 Like

Nope, I’ve requested it as well, even offered sending a remote to them, since I have 3…

1 Like

In that case all the others needs to do the same. That and hope will get in included just after a “small” zigbee rewrite most likely. :smiley: :smiley:

@Bram @Emile Could you possibly tell us is the above related to the zigbee rewrite or simile matter of device drivers?

The button gets recognized as an on/off button when trying to add a generic zigbee device, but it doesn’t work after adding it. The curtain-button probably works the same, as in, it’ll get recognised as a button, but won’t work.

I dont have the blinds, but a lot of other Ikea lamps and I prefer to connect through the ikea bridge and ikea bridge app for homey. Biggest advantage is that the local remote works and that you get firmware updates on all devices. And devices seem to response more quickly.

Using the Ikea bridge, I can control the devices using the local control (waf), the ikea app and the homey (with flows and app).