Ikea Fyrtur Blinds

4 every new Homey2023 Update (10.0.0-rc.xxx) my Ikea Fyrtur Blinds are not working with Homey 2023…not a big problem 4 me… I just have to operate the 2 build in switches on the blinds… then the Blinds work again with Homey 2023 … in case You people have the same problem (Ikea Fyrtur Blinds are directly imported into Homey 2023)

Correct, that was not a huge problem. now a couple of days, Homey pro 23 does not remember the position of the blinds anymore. Even after disconnecting and re connecting. Anybody an idea how to solve that?

Any help is appreciated!
Marcel

Mine 3x Fyrtur after the Ikea_app update…turned 180° meaning that they were in down state during day an in up state during night… so I hade 2 make Up 2 DWN in in my Blinds flows…it works now but indication in the android app is still 180° wrong…Blinds are imported directly into Homey 2023

1 Like

Same Problem with Homey Pro 2019

I have sinds the last update also problems with the blinds. I have 2019 model no bridge. I have send a mail to Athom.

Yes, once again Homey broke something that was working, and no fix announced. This seems to be homeys current mode of operation “if we can’t charge for it, we don’t really care”, and then there will be a post later where they blame someone else.

I’m removing auto update on all apps now, it’s not worth it, unless we are also given the option to install a previous version.

I guess this is why Homey is not very popular int the mainstream market…

Just installed the new ikea app. However to no avail. Ikea and Homey are not a happy marriage. After every Homey update, i need to reconnect the Fyrturs. Now no connection at all possible and only geek explanation instead of an explanation of what goes wrong. Any other experiences?

I have 9 fyrtur blinds, and yes, they do loose connection after a restart of homey pro 2023. It has been easy to fix though. Just press one of the physical up/down buttons on the blind, and it reconnects.

1 Like

I wish it was that simple… I tried that many times and also removed them and tried to reconnect… Nothing works at this moment. Apart from that these darn buttons are very difficult to reach, hence the automated versions. Any idea how many updates Homey Pro has had this year? Thing about a working alternative? Luxaflex? Anyone a good suggestion?

I have added 1 blind with this motor… Motorize your Existing Roller Blinds | MotionBlinds Retrofit
fits in ordenary rolling blinds purchased from Jysk store (Norway)… 4 a window 180cm wide…
U need a WiFi bridge 2 make it work with Homey (early 2023)… it works very good updates or not from Athom

You could go for an external zigbee connection with zigbee2MQTT. You need to setup a raspberry pi for that. Support for Ikea blinds in the Homey app was just added.

Its broke again :sleeping: are more people with problems sinds the last update? I do set it off automatisch update.

I‘m using latest experimental version 10.3.0-rc7 and tradfri gateway app v0.1.9 w/o any issues so far

I dont use the ikea gateway.

Yeah, but maybe you want to consider to use it (if you want your blinds to work) :wink:

It works again. had to unscrew the reels completely and wind them up again. it was turned upside down. It’s strange that this is exactly what happened with the update this morning.

Does anyone know if there still are issues with these blinds? If yes, is there an easy fix?

sorry for my bad english. I have had the new Homey Pro 2023 for almost a week now, I switched from Domoticz. I was disappointed at first because various switches, smoke detectors and built-in switches are not supported. I have gotten over that and ordered new ones (more than 400 euros poorer). Since Friday I have been playing around or actually fighting with the Ikea blinds (Fyrtur). If they are already paired, they spontaneously disappear into the Homey or they no longer respond. If they are there, they do not remember the lowest point and they lie on the floor. It makes me cry, I am desperate and frustrated in the meantime. (sorry for my crying but I don’t know anymore) :sleepy:

It’s still “same old…same old”…after every update or reboot of my Homey 2023… my Ikea Fyrtur blinds don’t work…but if I use the UP/DWN buttons placed on the blinds…they works again… so it’s not big problem for me…Have the same problem with the “EVA 16amp_Smartplug”…there I have to delete/reinstall…so the plug is not in use anymore

Is this directly hooked to honey or with bridge? Also after homey reboot have you tried rebooting the app?