Ikea Symfonisk remote for Sonos

I paired the remote with my Ikea Hub, and it says its updating, but it does say this since like an hour. What can i do?

The updates take indeed a very, very long time. Don’t know why.
What can you do? Wait… :wink:

Does anyone have a flow that works? What sensitivity setting are you using? Is it only possible to increase the volume and not to decrease it?
@Erwan_Thomas flow do not work for me. No matter which sensitivity setting I use, the volume jumps to 100%. It also doesn’t matter if I use the action card Set volume to or Set relative volume.
The Symfonisk Remote has the latest firmware 2.3.080.

Any suggestions?

There is a new test version of the IKEA app available:

Didn’t tried it yet myself.

Hey i bought gen 2 symfonisk controller and i can’t add it to my new homey pro. Didn’t reconized. Someone have this issue

Do you mean this one?

IMG_3622

Did you checked in the App Store if it is already supported by the IKEA App?
No, it’s not! :man_shrugging:t3:

So please contact Athom for adding the device.

Thank you i though both were not linked

The Gen 1 Symfonisk remote is of cause linked:

IMG_3623

@flo_31, it’s a new version of the IKEA Trådfri app released, including support for the Symfonisk Gen 2 remote.

I bought the Ikea Symfonisk Gen 2 today, and can confirm that if works on HP23 with the latest Ikea app. Just a brilliant remote, this is.

Just got the Symfonisk remote gen 1 and tried adding it to my Homey Pro 2019. I get stuck on the attached screen, gave up after 10 min of this.

A few times Homey couldn’t detect the remote at all. Any advice how to resolve it?

Restart Homey or PTP.

Hi, if I buy an ikea symfonisk lamp and put an ikea zigbee rgbw bulb in it, will it be possible to connect the light and speaker and control via Homey? Or do I have to purchase the Symfonisk Remote gen 2? Thanks a lot.

Theoretically, this should be possible, but I don’t have any Symfonisk speakers or IKEA Zigbee RGBW lamps in use.
The Symfonisk speaker must be paired with the home Wi-Fi network via the original Sonos smartphone app and then with the Homey Sonos app in Homey.
The IKEA Zigbee RGBW lamp can either be added as a general Zigbee lamp without an app, or with the Homey IKEA app. However, please note that the power supply for the IKEA RGBW lamp must always be switched on.
Both devices can then be operated via the Homey smartphone app, or you can create some flows. A remote control is generally not necessary.

Thanks for the reply. I have 3 Sonos speakers at home and pairing was seamless. The control sometimes causes problems, but it still works.
Now I’m thinking of buying a smart lamp with a speaker SYMFONISK Lampa s reprod. s Wi-Fi, skl. stín., bílá - IKEA and in the Ikea app in Homey, I only found a remote controller, so I’m just wondering if it’s possible to add a floor lamp with a speaker without a controller…

What don’t you understand about my post? I thought I actually explained everything, didn’t I?
You definitely need no SYMFONISK controller. The SYMFONISK lamp also doesn’t come with a controller. To use the Sonos speaker only the original Sonos smartphone app is required, or the Homey Smartphone App.

You wrote:
“Theoretically, this should be possible, but I don’t have any Symfonisk speakers or IKEA Zigbee RGBW lamps in use.”
So I just made sure I didn’t needlessly buy a lamp that can’t be connected. The Sonos speaker and Ikea RGBW bulb in the Sonos and Ikea Tardfri apps have a connection icon.
Anyway, thanks for the replies.

Hi!
I have Symfonisk table lamp since Jun ’23 and it is working almost without a problem since than in Homey. Weird thing is that, it is a smart speaker with an analog lamp :rofl:. I’ve put a meross bulb in it, and ofc to use the smart light, it has to be switched ON. After disconnecting it from the power supply, you have to remember to switch it ON. I use Symfonisk also as a doorbell with aqara single rocker switch. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the real experience :slight_smile:

No problem, that’s why we all are here :wink: anyway I found that „budget sonos” very good for the money. As a background speaker, it is very good and it looks stylish. The look of Sonos One doesn’t match the boho style my Wife wanted :rofl: but ikea managed to do that :joy: hehe